Manual Fan Switch Wiring

SmoothSteve3

Ok, so I've read the section on the w-body page about how to wire up manual fan switches for the primary and secondary radiator fans in my car. Now I've only got one question: I want the switches to be in the cabin, right under the steering wheel on that lower panel. How would I go about getting the wires from the relays in the engine bay to the driver's side part of the cabin? I guess my question is basically, where is there fire-wall access to get the wires into the cabin, and how would I feed them through the dash to the driver's side?

Thanks!

SmoothSteve

i'd like to know this also (for my 96 gp se)

I'll be hooking up the fan switch and the last thing i wanna do is start drilling holes through the firewall.

I did kind of the same thing only you probably want to keep the rubber grommet in the firewall. To get the wires through, I just cut apart a wire hangar and straightened it out then taped the wire to one end with electrical tape and pushed it through the center of the rubber piece. WHen you can see it on the inside, take the wire off the hanger and pull wire/push hanger back out. Just make sure you have the lower pannel (above pedals) removed if you have one, otherwise you'll just hit it and you won't be able to find the wire you pushed through.