Belt is shredding

topless94style

WTF is this about? I just installed an underdrive pulley, and the other day i heard a squeeking from under the hood, so i went and had a look see. Fucking belt is starting to shred, its only in one spot, but shit i do not believe this is supposed to happen. I remember reading a thread abotu this awhile back....what ever happened to that and did that person ever figure out why?

I looked mine over after reading that post, to make sure it looked good, and from what i saw it did. Didnt feel anything wrong, but there must be something on there.

Are those replacement underdrive pulley (upgrade) smaller than the original underdrive pulley? If they are smaller, there would be less tension on the serpentine belt if the the serpentine belt is old and stretched out. It would cause the serpentine belt to probably wobble a bit to get caught and shred. Make sure the serpentine belt tensioner is still strong/good.

if you install a ud pulley you need a belt 1" shorter than stock

I got a shorter belt on there, its brand new.

ok good, def check the alignment of the belt then, i shredded my new one within a couple days becasue it was off the track on the UD pulley