parking brake pedal bouncing

godofthunder

Ok...ever more recntly...this things getting louder and louder.

IF i hit a bump, it shakes like CRAZY, and makes an annoying sound. And its moreso when i hit something on the left side.

If you feel it when it does this...it has quite a violent shake.

what could be causing this, and what is a remedy?

jon

Are you dragging the cable? Look under the car, what do you see?

If the cable is dangling down....remove one or both rear wheels. Locate the emergency brake cable bracket on the caliper and tap it back with a rubber hammer until the cable tightens up. Then don't use the parking brake until you get the bracket looser and working.

May be as simple as loosening the 18mm nut that holds it on but, as with mine, may need a new O-ring gasket under that 18 mm nut.

Loosen only a tad or you'll get brake fluid leaking out of it.

on the actual pedal?

Now..my cable isnt sagging at all.

Ill have to take a look down there.

The peddal does like a shudder....can feel it in your feet. If it hits hard enough...you can feel it in the floorboard too

jon

The 18mm nut is on the back side of the caliper and holds the emergency brake cable bracket on. It's part of the brake adjuster.

If the cable isn't sagging then that's not the problem....I can't imagine what the trouble is. Maybe some other problem is just being magnified through the pedal. :?

or could it be the problem itself?

Reason is...its only when i hit a bump with the front right side of the car. Im thinking they strut tower brace has something to do with it. But its got progresifvly worse.

Jon

while driving on 295...i noticed I really cant tell what its coming from, cept that its only when i hit something on the right side. Somtetimes it felt like when it hit the front, soemtiems the rear.

Though..if I hold the parking break pedal whiel going down the road, you can not only feel it, buit stop it. Also...for example, if i hold on to it, while holding it up....it makes no noise...so theres play somewhere, either in whats holding it on, or the cable. I dont think its the cable, its tight under the car.

Im going to take a loook down there, see what I can see. I really just want its gone...its SOO annoying

jon