Strut tower braces

loominaz34

Hey I was just wondering, how does a strut tower brace affect a car, I know it stiffens up that end of the car but how does that effect handling?

Also my friend said he saw something on TV that said they were "race only and somehow dangerous for street driving." he doesnt remember how. Is this true? Is he an idiot (my vote is for no. 2)

Thanks

STBs will dcrease flex as well as body roll during cornering. This does imporve handling.

Like all suspension mods it is going to change how the car handles so you will need to play with it carefully to learn the new can do's and can't dos with your car or you may end up hitting the gaurd rail on a highway onramp.

Mostly this applies more to rear STBs on a FWD car making it easier to loose control of the rear.

Mostly this applies more to rear STBs on a FWD car making it easier to loose control of the rear.

This could help explain why my rear end came out from behind me when i totalled the prix.

STBs will dcrease flex as well as body roll during cornering. This does imporve handling.quote]

All the old Mustangs had braces added to them for this reason. There was an old 80's movie called "wheels" with Rock Hudson that copied the Mustang heritage and there is a part where they were bitching about the cost of adding the brace.

Mine did feel tighter. Since my front end needs outer tie rods pretty bad it was hard to notice any huge difference. I like the looks though.