Disco Potato

dkorinko

Is already on its way, I have tried to contact Jeff about getting a new chip and injectors but no response. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the injectors? The chip is a big part of it to but i really care about getting the injectors....any help?

I'm not trying to hijack your thread, just wondering if you could answer my question. Where can you order the disco potato at, and how much does it cost?

That cars gonna be fast when you get done with it!

Thanks,

Shawn

Guest TurboSedan
Where can you order the disco potato at, and how much does it cost?

That cars gonna be fast when you get done with it!

Thanks,

Shawn

the Garrett GT28RS is about $1200 thru atpturbo.com but it might be cheaper elsewhere.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-004&Category_Code=GRT

on a side note, my brother just ordered a few hundred dollars worth of 2.75" aluminum tight radius mandrel bent intercooler piping and silicone couplers/transitions from ATP and he seems to be happy with their service.

joshua

Injectors should be matched to the chip, so if Jeff has a 30lb or so injector chip he would probably recommend a certain injector to use.

How much did you end up getting the potato for?? And you did get the GT28RS right?? The cheapest I found was around $975

If you can I would take some comparison pictures to show the differences between our T25 and the potato. 8)

Injectors should be matched to the chip, so if Jeff has a 30lb or so injector chip he would probably recommend a certain injector to use.

How much did you end up getting the potato for?? And you did get the GT28RS right?? The cheapest I found was around $975

If you can I would take some comparison pictures to show the differences between our T25 and the potato. 8)

Where can you get it for $975???

Thanks,

Shawn

NO, the GT28 is not a dual ball bearing turbo. It's not the same thing. As far as that goes, I don't want to piss anybody off, but it's really a bad idea to try that w/o the computer support. If you're worried about the injectors go buy them. If you mean what SIZE to use, there's no way to REALLY tell. Since the computer can only make up for so much w/o taxing the injectors ALOT, you could end up buying 3-4 sets of injectors before getting it right. You need a WBo2 and chip tuning hardware, the rest should be easy. :lol: Good luck w/ it, it will be REALLY awesome when it's done. I also plan on the DP, when everything settles this summer.

Dane, did I miss a post or what..thought you sold the TGP you had? Update?...I'm sorta debating what to do as a turbo upgrade for the TGP as well. I think I'm going to do some very minor motorwork to this car and a turbo upgrade and be done w/ it until I can either find a cheap TGP to go "all out" w/ or find at least a TGP drivetrain to swap into a cheap donor W'. Don't want to do anything that can't be easily reversed on the mint black TGP if you know what I mean. :wink:

edit: disregard questions above...read your other thread and it seems like your friend bought the car.