E-MAIL FROM OLDSMOBILE

TeeJay3800

This an e-mail I received from Oldsmobile this afternoon. I sent an e-mail yesterday asking how many Cutlass Supremes were produced in 1990, and how many SL coupes were made. I think the numbers they sent me are for the SL coupes, but I'm not positive. Any ways, some interesting information.

Dear Mr. xxx,

Thank you for contacting the Oldsmobile Customer Assistance Center. We appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to your interest in the 1990 Cutlass Supreme.

Here is the information you requested. We hope it satisfies your inquiry.

Overall produced = 10,076

With WN3-Rallye Interior leather wrapped steering wheel = 6,491

With CF5- astroroff electric sliding glass in gray tint = 776

With 1SC-Option pkg. Infosystem driver-digital readout = 6,056

With LD2- engine, 2.3 L4, DOHC Quad 4 MFI = only 1 made.

With WJ7- Trim custom leather i seating areas, leather wrapped steering wheel = 1,154.

If you should need to contact us in the future, simply reply to this message or call our Oldsmobile Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-442-6537. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time. Please, refer to file# 1-203319728.

Again, thank you for contacting Oldsmobile.

Sincerely,

Eric Wells

Customer Relationship Manager

Oldsmobile Customer Assistance Center

For more information regarding the maintenance and care of your vehicle, please visit http://www.oldsmobile.com/owners. This free online service offers vehicle and ownership-related information and tools tailored to your specific Oldsmobile.

That's pretty cool! Think I'll send them one asking how many CS Ragtops they made in '93. For that matter, how many ragtops they made during the entire productin run, what was it 91-95?

Man, it's a bummer that the last Olds is coming off the line next month. I have always liked their cars, especially the rocket V-8's in the Sixties.

uh oh, my age is showing again! :? :?

I don't know for sure about Buick, but the address that this message was received from was cac@oldsmobile.com (Oldsmobile Customer Assistance Center).

Wow...whatever junkyard has that one car is awfully lucky... :lol:

Actually that one is in a big ass storage building with a lot of Olds cars in Lansing. GM has a collection of something on the order of a couple thousand vehicles just sitting around. All straight off the line and into storage. I read a hotrod mag a while back that had a big story on it and they showed some random shots around the building highlighting what was there.

I am going to right to GM, and tell them all the new cars they have made are stupidugly and that they might as well hand the design board over to a 5 yr old kid.