PassKey II--Disabling

sho94_2000

My friends 1994 Olds Cutlass does not start. The security light just flashes. He does not care if his car is protected by PassKey or not. Is there an easy way to disable the whole system? His car is not really worth having it protected and he does not have the money right noy to have it towed and fixed. Is there just a wire he could cut or a fuse he could pull? Thanks

I don't remember how to disable it.. I think its a series of resistors and whatnot that need to go inline. But pulling fuses and/or cutting wires will just make it worse. It wouldn't be a 'security' system if it was that simple to disable.

If he has the chip in the key, try cleaning it. They do occasionally get gummed up and stop working.

Don't go to a GM stealership it will run you $30+ for a new key. If your going to go the new key route go to a locksmith you can usually get one cut for around $20. May as well save yourself a couple bucks.

Don't go to a GM stealership it will run you $30+ for a new key. If your going to go the new key route go to a locksmith you can usually get one cut for around $20. May as well save yourself a couple bucks.

I doubt a locksmith could get a passkey compatible key...?

Why all the passkey is is a little resistor of a specific resistance (if that makes any sense at all)

If the car senses the wrong resistance, the car dont start.