supreme_style21

Here's the situation.. This happens only once in awhile. When I'm coming to a stop, I get this godawful grinding noise from the front. I can feel it in the pedal as well. It feels/sounds exactly like there is no pad(s) left. But there is.. I pulled the wheels/calipers off.. inner and outer pad on both sides up front are in good shape.. Rotors are smooth as a babys ass.. Wheels are torqued to specs.

Keep in mind that it doesn't do it all the time. Its becoming more and more frequent, yes, but its still the minority of the time. I figured pads and/or rotors were shot, but its all good. Where else should I look?

Yeah I know about that warning crap of metal. Its not even close. Its not that dragging. I doubt the calipers are dragging either.. otherwise it should do it all the time. Imagine taking some sand and gravel... and grind it between two pieces of metal. Thats the sound I'm hearing. I also noticed today that it doesn't USUALLY do it until they've been ran for awhile. Sometimes it'll start out doing that right away, other times it won't appear for awhile. :?:

my car does the exact same thing, and always has

what kind of brake pads do you have? i made the mistake of installing bosch lifetime ceramic brake pads. i bet because the pads are warrantied for life, they must be made of some incredebily hard ass materal, which transmits vibrations very well once it warms up. i don't know what else would cause it, because my rotors arn't waped either; they're brand new. its not rear brakes, they're new, becides, you feel it coming from the front, the steering column vibrates.

i bet some nice and soft oem brake pads wouldn't suck ass so much

I'm not sure what kind of pads are in there. They've been there for awhile.. just started acting up recently. I wouldn't doubt it if they're a Napa or Bumper to Bumper brand.. those were the two usual places I went back home. Good to know someone knows what I'm trying to describe! Everything vibrates when it starts happening. Steering column, brake pedal, even my passengers pick it up in the floorboard. I 'spose I'll just have to get off my lazy ass and change the pads.

well, if you do change the pads, DO NOT install ceramic, or semi metallic pads, because i have used both, and they both vibrate

i've learned to just ignore the problem, because i'm not spending the time and money changing out brakes that arn't even a year old.

i don't know, pretend you're a cop or something. cop brakes squeal like hell too :lol:

:lol:

I'm pretty sure its semi metallic in there now. My car simply isn't worth ceramic brake pads.. I don't care about it enough to drop 80 bucks into pads. I'll just add it to the list of things I have to try to ignore when on the road... That list is getting bigger every day :?

don't pay the money for ceramic pads. they put out less dust than semi metallic, but their stopping characteristics are the same, which means they are crap!

i really would kill for a set of old fashioned asbestos pads right now...