Mr. Clean Auto Dry thing

slick

I'm not sure about the soap, but I'm sure having filtered water would do wonders for eliminating water spots. Hell, you can pick one up at Meijer for $20 on sale, thats not much more than what a good regular hose nozzle would run so even if it does suck your not out that much money.

yeah ive been thinkin about gettin that thing. i sell it at my work(home depot). its about 20 like every where else. it has a replacable filter inside it. i wouldnt use the soap though. i like my eagle one soap. my store manager has a water filtration system in his house and he said he never has to dry his car. basically a mini water filtration system. cant wait for the weather to break. my foot is itchin too.

just found an ad that has this thing in it. its originally twenty bucks and theres a five dollar rebate. im gonna buy it tomorrow. lol

Let us know how it works when you use it on the Regal. :wink: BTW, reply to my PM! :wink:

Here's a coupon link http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/coupon.shtml

I didn't find the rebate though, got a link?

$10 after rebate wouldn't be too bad.

I just did a quick search and couldn't find a rebate either. I did find something sorta interesting though...

http://www.couponforum.com/coupon-trading-3272.html?view=previous

The latest craze, internet coupon trading.... :lol:..not a bad idea if you have kids or the like to score coupons for baby food/diapers I guess.

we sell those at my work, havn't had to much customer feed back

but froim what i heard they kill water preasure quite a bit, i mean it sprays about 1.5 feet other than that the cartriges ony lats ten time and are like 10 bucks to replace. you weigh the pro's and cons :o

• 2 months later...

Fruity or not his product seems to work. I got one for my B-Day yesterday and I just used it. I'm impressed. But then again I have hard water too. I was most surprised about how well the soap worked. I've never had a wash mit turn black when being used on a car that was just washed two days before. And its not like my car had tons of dirt on it, in fact I haven't driven it more than 40 miles in the past two days, so it makes me wonder exactly what the soap was taking off (was that my wax???). On the plus side the soap does seem to remove bug guts and road grime a bit better than the Meguirs I normally. At any rate my car is shiny and there are no water spots as advertised. Overall I'm happy with it.

The unit only costs like $15-20, and the replacement soap and filters are only like $4-5 at most retailers if anyone is interested.

I also have the $5 coupon from the mail. I'll be getting one soon, I have a hose dedicated from my water softener for car washing :wink:, but I wanna see how well the Mr. Clean does w/ groundwater. Sounds like fun.

well i have one, and after 3 washes i got the worst water spots ever. even the first time i used it i did get some water spot on my car and rims. i had to go around and polish. im not really sold on it. i think im gonna try a new filter and if it doesnt work it will be returned. It is big, bulky, and takes more time to wash my car than to do it by hand. i do like the filter though, but not enough pressure.