turn signals don't blink

LuminaMan93

My turn signals light up, but they don't blink. I checked the fuse, but that wasn't it. I think it is the turn signal flasher unit. It is connected to the steering column bracket, but I can't get the panel covering it off. The screws just keep turning, but they are not stripped. How do I get these out?

If the screws just keep turning, grab 'em with a pliers and yank them out.. Unless it is held up with those stupid black plastic things.. break them and go buy some new ones when you put the panel back up.

But it sounds either like a flasher, or a bulb is out somewhere.

Yea that panel underneath is held in with those plastic black things. But I'll check all the bulbs first, because it might be one of the taillights.

see, my car is doing that too. when i use the signal for merging left, it just stays lit up. i noticed both sidemarker bulbs up front were out, so i replaced the driver side and am awaiting a bulb socket for the passenger side since it was fried. hopefully that fixes the problem. it got my hazards working though!