Complete dash swap

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

How hard would a dash swap be? I want to put eveything from the TGP into the 89. Mainly cause I want the HUD and it would eliminate tracking and splicing wires. I also want the stereo cutout cause I'm buying a CD player like the ones that came in the TGP. If I thought I could fab up a way to mount it I would cut the stereo opening in the 89.

It would probably be a matter of completely unbolting everything and putting it right into the 89. Probably not the easiest of job either, because theres a ton of electrical crap that you would have to hook/unhook, but it can be done.

What might help you is to get an idea of what you'd have to do. Unfortunately, what I'm getting at requires the dashs of your cars to be dismantled, so you gotta be committed to doing this, but I'll bring it up anyway.

Take the dashes apart, and get your digital camera out. Make a step-by-step walkthrough of your disassembly process. Lay everything out in a clear workspace, in the order you remove it. All the HUD stuff in one place, all the dash screws in one place, kinda like an exploded view. All the wiring, make note of where it goes, note any differences in the routing, any obvious color differences, each model's extra/missing wiring. Take plenty of pictures.

When you finish, put the pictures in order, and read over each process carefully. This will give you a good idea of what you'll have no problem swapping, what you'd have to rig/fab up, and what just will not work.

its not that bad, if i recall mostly it is a bunch of 7mm screws and a couple bolts on the ends underneath by the kickpanels. electrical stuff is easy cause plugs are easy to undo.