White93z34

after driveing my z this winter, that made me realise my need for a winter car, one that i don't mind getting salt on it, or bumped. as well as keeping the miles on my lumina down, a girl at my school wants to sell her 90' cutty supreme 2 door to me for $400. it has the 3.1, full digi dash, grey interior, red exterior, around 156-176k (not sure on that), it has a current PA inspection, it supposedly needs a muffler (she has that in the trunk), brakes, and shocks. overall its in decent shape, she is selling it because she is tired of paying shops to fix it, and just wants to get something relyable. i can fix it easy enough. and just put it away for the summers and bring it out in the winters. i'm going to look at it and drive it sometime this week. any problems that the supremes had that i should look out for? features that are noteworthy? any sugestions? thanks for any advise.

I'd buy it. Maybe talk her down to $300 if you can. Not because the car's not worth $400, but because you want to get it cheaper. I'd buy it even at $400. Cutlass Supremes don't have any more problems on average than other w-bodies.

Question: why don't you fix the Ciera and use that as a winter beater?

well the story goes she stoped in at a dodge dealer and they gave her alot more than i could have given her on trade in ($800) on a neon of all things :roll: . anyhoo i stop in and check it out, its prety well beat, needing new brakes, shocks/struts all around, tires, muffler, quite abit of rust. and they want $500 for it, i was considering it till i saw the expired inspection tag. i passed on it.

now the other day at the local shop/deler i saw a blue 90 lumina euro sitting near the back almost out of sight. i check it out, its loaded every option for 90. in very good cosmetic shape as well. only arounf 132k on the clock. i ask about it today, $300. why so low? he towed it in as an abandoned vehicle, it supposedly has a blown 3.1 ( threw a rod or siezed crank), but lord knows those are a dime a dozen. i LOVE the color, and it would be a great car for putting miles on.

does anyone know if the 90 euros got FE1 or FE3? i would think it would have FE1. i hope it does.

as for my ciera.... well it has a TON of frame damage. to the point where the cowl is cracked :shock: and the pass door is shoved back about a 1/4 inch. and is it really worth the effort to put it back together?

I'd take the cutlass or the euro, personally I'd pick the cutlass, but I'm a cutlass kind of a guy.

For a winter beater though, I'd pick the euro, its a 4 door. The cutlass has the dreaded handles that will snap off, and ruin your shit.

actually the lumina euro is a 2 door. i know i should find something without the dreaded door handles as i have already had quite a few problems with mine. but the color of the car is beautiful and its prety clean in and out the cutty i was looking at was a mess inide and out and had alot more rust. the only rust this car has is under the taillight assembly and i figgure to fix that i can pull the piece out of a newer lumina when they changed to the plastic piece underneith the taillights. that and i do alot of city driveing and i would love to get softer suspension than the z has. and with it needing a new engine i would not care about miles on it at all.

the bad that it has. it was an abandoned car after the engine left the last owner stranded. and the state took it back and this shop bought this car at auction, so to title it, it needs to go through the "R" title process. which i have done before and is a pita. but i have all summer to go through it. so i'm not too concerned and i don't intend on selling it so i don't care about resale value.

EDIT: what kinda gas mileage does the 3.1 get compared to the 3.4?

Grand National GNX!

For that car, I'd make the Z the winter beater!!

ha! if i had that the z would be demoted to "beater" status soooo fast.

• 1 year later...

Hey White93z34

My 90 Euro has "F41" on the RPO sticker, and I've been told that is the same as FE3 suspension...just for future reference I guess...

My 3.1 gets 20MPG in the city, 30mpg on the highway....I'm betting you are no longer looking at this car, but just incase something pops up again, you had a few questions I thought I'd answer....even though it was 2 months late lol

Haham I was looking for my thread when everyone voted on whice color of taillights I should put on my Lumina, and your thread came up so I clicked on it because I didn't remember it at all...and I guess I must not have seen it lol...wierd, I live on the boards recently...kinda lame I gues lol