1991 GTP 3.4L 5 speed, no power to my curtisy lights, and...

m0sh_man

my heat and a/c doesnt come on when i hit the switch, my overhead lights dont come on, nothing comes on but the dash lights, it even appears my abs stuff isnt working, nor is my power assisted brakes,

anyone have any clues on where to check? i checked my fuses under the hood and the ones in the glove box, everything seems to be in order.

matthew

Did you use a fuse checker thing? That you ground and put onto each fuse, and if it works, it lights up in some way? I had a similar problem, and the fuses seemed in order, but ine was burned.. Just offerin it up!

if ya ever figure it out lemme know.

when i bought my 90 cutlass i had alot of things not working.

all on the same circuit

cig lighter

courtesy lights inside, in trunk and underhood

map lights on mirror

power locks

and i forget what else was on on that same circuit according to haynes.

to this day that stuff still does not work

Monty

relax a minute.

there is a guy over at the 60degree forum who just fixed his similar problem.

http://60degreev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1808

if that is the fix then that is simple as pie.

a friend of mine had a 90 cutlass sedan. he kept popping the fuse for all this stuff as soon as he put the fuse in. later he found out there was a dime stuck in the cig lighter. took a bit to get it out. but once it was removed and fuse replaced all was good.

there is also a thread around here somewhere that has a pic of the ground points on w-bodies.

some can get corroded or whatever over time and that could cause some issues.

Monty

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, problem fixed, I had a large red wire that came disconnected, it was located infront of the water resevior, not sure how it came unhooked, but it did. but all is well now.

matthew

Ok, problem fixed, I had a large red wire that came disconnected, it was located infront of the water resevior, not sure how it came unhooked, but it did. but all is well now.

matthew

nevermind, I misread the thread...

all on the same circuit

cig lighter

map lights on mirror

power locks

Monty

problems are a mirror image of mine. everything above doesnt work on my car, it just stopped working a while ago. i would put fuses in and it would pop right away, then i put one in and it worked for a couple months, then just recently blew on me. dont know what it is. i dont have anything stuck in my cigarette lighter so..... :D

matthew

glad problem is fixed.

Monty

all on the same circuit

cig lighter

map lights on mirror

power locks

Monty

problems are a mirror image of mine. everything above doesnt work on my car, it just stopped working a while ago. i would put fuses in and it would pop right away, then i put one in and it worked for a couple months, then just recently blew on me. dont know what it is. i dont have anything stuck in my cigarette lighter so..... :D

there is a similar thread over at v60 forum.

the guy fixed it by digging around and replaced a fuse or relay or something that was behind the kick panel trim on the drivers side.

http://www.60degreev6.com forum i think it was in general...i think

i have not been concerned with that lately. getting my GP running better so when the weather warms up i can tear apart the cutalss to redo head gaskets. then i will worry about it

Monty