Cruise control question...

Shaners

The cruise on the car works fine until you come to a hill and the car won't downshift to maintain speed....

I've done a search, and there is mention of a vacuum line (could this be the problem?

Also I've heard that it is a mechanical cruise and that it may need adjusted. Is there an adjustment for this up by the throttle body?

I really appreciate your help... I asked alot of questions when I first got the car last fall and you guys were great!!! Then 2 weeks after I got the car it went into storage until yesterday, so I'm sure I'll be asking alot more stuff as I get aquainted to the new convertible.

Thanks again!!!

Sounds like a vacuum leak to me. I had a similar thing happen.. Happen to notice that when the cruise went out, did the A/C system do anything wild? When the cruise went out on me, so did most of the A/C controls.

I didn't notice any probs with the A/C....

It just seems like it doesn't pull the throttle far enough to cause the tranny to downshift. On a slight hill it's OK but on a steeper hill the car looses speed. If you manually push the throttle down with your foot the car will downshift, and you can then release the throttle and the cruise will hold it there.

Maybe the vacuum slave mechanism needs adjusting or replacement. That is the black thing that the linkage is hooked up to, also has some lines going into it. As long as the A/c controls are working, it's doubtful if it is a vacuum leak.

My CC was acting up on my Florida excursion. When I hit the brake and it releases and then punch the button to resume, it will not re-engage. Then all of a sudden it will kick in a couple of minutes later. I suspect this is something to do with the module, I'm not sure.

Good luck.