Finally got some of these on my car.

99RegalGS

Yesterday I went to the J/Y and got the strut tower to front crossmember braces. I spent $10 for them with the hardware. I laughed because the guy pulled them off a lumina. :)

And today I got them installed.

Before:

Enginebay.jpg

After: :)

crossbraces.jpg

Did Buicks not have thos fender braces stock?

I've seen earlier Regal's and 96 Regal's with them before. I don't know why they never put them on my car. :?

I thought al GMs w/ transversemounted engines had them because there reallyis not car frame/chasis.. It all bolts together to itself.. But hey, mybe Buick found they didnt need them, or his car's ones were removed when he got it..

his car's ones were removed when he got it..

No, there were never any on my car. I can tell becuase there was a plug in the strut hole on the drivers side and the holes on the crossmember wern't threaded and there was paint in the holes.

Well, guess mine's a second Regal without 'em. Saw them on a j/y Regal couple of days ago. That reminds me, I hafe to go back and get that fender this week.

She was a nice looking donor, but the fender I needed was GONE when I got there. Found it later though in the trunk. It's maroon, so I'll have to repaint it.

BTW- do those make any noticable differance? Might as well grab some while I'm there.

his car's ones were removed when he got it..

No, there were never any on my car. I can tell becuase there was a plug in the strut hole on the drivers side and the holes on the crossmember wern't threaded and there was paint in the holes.

My '92 Regal GS is the same, never had them.

BTW, our cars are very similar, except mine doesn't have the moonroof or the trunk rack.

Looks good, Sean. That should make a real handling difference. Its hard to say why your car never had them. Every other W-body I've seen has had them.

my parent's 94 Regal custom sedan has no cross-directional braces under the hood either....

I noticed a big difference in the handling. Much better. :)

There must be a reason that Regal's didn't get them. That's the only think I can come up with.

92GrandSport. do you have any pics of your car?

Looks good, Sean. That should make a real handling difference. Its hard to say why your car never had them. Every other W-body I've seen has had them.

my parent's 94 Regal custom sedan has no cross-directional braces under the hood either....

All I said was, every W-body that I have seen has had them.

It looks like certain Regals did not recieve them from the factory. I wonder why.

I noticed a big difference in the handling. Much better. :)

There must be a reason that Regal's didn't get them. That's the only think I can come up with.

92GrandSport. do you have any pics of your car?

Sorry, no pics yet, my camera is broke. Just bought the car in January, so hopefully I can get some pics taken in the next month or so.