Several Engine/Car pics from my Pree

GrandPrix34

Two things...?

1) I thought someone told me when I had a 3.4L that those little breather air filters were harmful to your engine. Anyone else know or remember?

2) Is it just me or is your filter all smashed up? I dropped mine and it got all smashed up so i just rotated it around so you couldn't see it when you looked in the engine bay 8)

it depents of what perspective that U want to take....

they can be bad, but then again not really..

adding the filter like that basically eliminates the pcv system, which sucks out the oil/blow-by gasses. which can be badd in 2 ways..... there can be a build out of blow by gasses in the crank case (not to big of a problem, but it does happen) which can actually blow out gaskets...

also depending on the year of yur car, it run leaner on "tip in" and cruising speeds because the computer actually uses the blow by gasses as part of its fuel supply, and it U take away part of its fuel, it will run slightly leaner, so U might notice a slight hesitation if U tromp on it from 30, but hte key word is "might" cause the comp will compinsate for it for the most part....

I personally have it like that, and I only noticed that it smells like oil inside of my car when you idle for a min or to....

the adantage of this how ever is keeping yur intake system cleener.. sludge free if U will

I hope this helps.

later

joe

what year and car is that V6-HO badge from? i'd like to get one for my car

They used that badge on the 1999 Grand Am GT only. After 99 the badge was changed to "Ram Air V6"

Aaron

what year and car is that V6-HO badge from? i'd like to get one for my car

They used that badge on the 1999 Grand Am GT only. After 99 the badge was changed to "Ram Air V6"

Aaron

thanks, i'm going to pick one up soon

were they all red, or can you order them in different colors?

my car is dark red, i don't think a red badge would show up too well

thanks, i'm going to pick one up soon

were they all red, or can you order them in different colors?

my car is dark red, i don't think a red badge would show up too well

You can always paint them any color. :wink: Not hard to paint something that small w/ a can of spray paint and make it look awesome. I would clearcoat it as well for added shine/durability.