Break in procedure for new aftermarket wheels???

90TGP

re-torque lug nuts at 50 and 150 miles i think is what the papers that came with mine said.

Yeah, that's the only thing I've heard. I retorqued them after 100 miles on my Cougar. The refilling the tires is a good thing too, but you should be checking your air pressure all the time anyway.

There is also a rumor that if you want the rims to be more resistant to dents from pot holes that you need to run pure nitrogen in the tires for 50 miles, then a mixture of acetaline and hydrogen for 100 miles. I also heard that putting a can of lighter fluid in each tire will make them less likely to get curb rash.

Have you considered having the rims shot-peened? I've it heard it can strengthen them. You should also have them fill the tires with expanding foam instead of air, that way you won't ever get a flat.

If you fill the tires up with helium instead of oxygen, the entire wheel will weigh less and you'll have less rotating mass. This will net you a faster 1/4 mile time. 8)

deburr the inside of the rim to relieve stress, and polish it to stop any cracks from forming. Also, I would bore out your valve hole to accept an AN fitting. Then you can fit a real billiard ball on there as a cap....pimpin.

shot peening removes any stress concentrations from machining/ and forging cracks. As nitrogen does not contain water vapor like air. But in all reality, if you arent going to be racing youre car at 200 mph somewhere, any of those things really dont matter. Just check the torque and go for it.

You 60*.com guys are full of :bs: :lol:

I wouldn't worry about anything other than checking the lug nuts and air pressure.. have you ever heard of people having problems with rims? I haven't. 90% of ricers on the planet have aftermarket wheels and probably don't even know how to change a tire anyways. :lol:

i wonder how many ricers actually work on their own car, or pay someone do do it for them

i wonder how many ricers actually work on their own car, or pay someone do do it for them

Depends on how much duct tape you see on their car

Depends on how much duct tape you see on their car

:lol: