A few pictures of my new car

tylerz34

ill go with, L82...wait....what is that 350 called from the late 70s? L82 is 3100....doh!

The late 70's Vettes had either a L48 or a L82. Those were both 350ci 4bbl engines. The L82 had about 30(?) more horsepower than the L48. I think a L82 Vette has a "L82" emblem on each side of the hood's cowl while a L48 car's hood has no emblems. The ultra rare L88 Vette was made from '67 to '69. It was basically a race car that had a 12.? to 1 compression 427ci big block.

Today the RPO codes mean something different - like you said the L82 is now a 3100 v6.

It was basically a race car that had a 12.? to 1 compression 427ci big block.

.....and, if I remember correctly, it had aluminum heads and was severely under-rated. :D

It was basically a race car that had a 12.? to 1 compression 427ci big block.

.....and, if I remember correctly, it had aluminum heads and was severely under-rated. :D

Yes, aluminum heads. Factory rated at 430hp, but claimed to have 100+ more.

Yeah it is a 350 engine. But it is kind of the down year for vettes, you know with all the emission standards for those years :cry: However I still love it. Hey what kind of vette do you have phantom?

I used to have a Vette 81 with 1980 L82 engine and 3 speed auto trans and was black too but for the 5.7L engine i say it was slow my convertible with 3.4 DOHC was killing it everytime i raced it but i say one thing that it was the best thing to do the burnouts and donuts. RIP 81 Vette

I think the 75 vette was the one with the least rated horsepower, I think it was down to about 170 or so. :lol: But that's a nice group or cars you have. :)

nice rides! gp looks slick. i thought you said you sold your eagle's with your Z34?

I did but then i went out and bought the same ones :D with better tires. I did this because it is alot easier to sell a car with rims on it!

welcome to the 97+ community...here are a couple things you will need..

I know i am happy to have finally moved up. Even though its not as fast as my Z34 but I love the styling of the 97+. And i have already ordered a intake from RedZmonte, I can't wait to get that. I am hoping for better gas milage!