Repair Manuals - Chilton's or Haynes?

92gransport

Just thought I would ask you guys which do you prefer, the Chilton's or Haynes repair manuals for w-body's? I've got a '92 Regal GS Coupe and was looking at two, a Chilton's 88-96 and a Haynes 88-95. Any opinions?

Thanks!

Guest TurboSedan
I like the haynes manuals more because they seem to have more detail and more pictures explaining what to do. I think chiltons sucks!!

:werd:

the Mitchell manuals in the library are nice too.

joshua

i had a chiltons manual for my ciera. worst way to spend $25! didn't even tell me where sending units were! i got the FSM off ebay for $25. so much better than the crap chiltons. as for haynes. i have no idea

:werd: Chiltons is friggin stupid.. I had one for my 6000, and I wond up reselling it to another poor idiot.. I bought the Haynes manual, and I could actually do what I needed..

Watch e-bay for the factory manuals. Much more thorough than either Chilton's or Haynes.

Jeremy is right on the money and also has a great signature! :D :D

get the fsm

if you can't

the haynes manual has better photographs

the chilton manual has better diagrams and is better on the how-to part

they are published by the same company

:werd: Chiltons is friggin stupid.. I had one for my 6000, and I wond up reselling it to another poor idiot.. I bought the Haynes manual, and I could actually do what I needed..

hey steve we probably had the same chiltons book the one that tryed to cover the ENTIRE a-body family of all years. (it had a pic of a century on the front). i HATED it so much. and there was alot of incorrect information in it as well.

i disagree. the haynes manual has had good explanations and how to's. I do agree that their pictures are really helpful. i got my haines manual @ pep boys for $16. Great Buy!