Hestitation on the Freeway

pblunt_

(*Mods* Not sure to post in General or Powertrain, move if necessary.)

Yesterday I was on the freeway trying to get around some slow drivers in the fast lane (I hate you bastards!!!) Then of course they speed up when I'm going around. But When I jumped in front of them I punched my gas pedal then my car got jump stopped, I lost all pressure in my gas pedal, the car immediately started slowing down, it didn't high rev like I was in between shifts, it just gave me nothing I jumped off the pedal for 2 seconds then eased back on it hard, then it responded. What could this be?

could be a Streched timeing belt? Or advanced timeing jumping to far ahead? Or bad plugs and wires? Or positioning sensor?

when i start my car sometimes when i just give it a bunch of gas in gear it will hesitate go to like 500rpms and then take off. i figure its my chip trying to set itself or advance timing is to far ahead. i can get it to do it again if i put it in nutral and reve the motor then put it in gear same result everytime. so def the chip.

Sound kind of like what my car was doing last summer.

In my case- in the city I had great acceleration. On the highway if I got stuck behind someone who couldn't read the difference bteween the 6 and 5 in 65 mph and slowed to 60 when I tried to speed up it was almost like my car was stuck at 60. The car almost seemed like I was pulling something behind me that was too heavy and was sucking the acceleration right out of it. It seemed like I was slowing down when I was trying to accelerate. Now if I stomped on it to make it downshift the power unleashed itself, so I know the car was able to go.

Here's the bad part- After rebuilding the engine (which included changing the timing belt and chain and replacing the fuel filter and everything else in a tune up) my car continues to have the problem. My next thought has been that the catalytic converter maybe clogged up, but for the moment I can't get it looked at.

My car doesn't shut down and lose pedal pressure, etc., but if I'm going highway speed for a while I'll give it gas and the tach won't go anywhere. I either have to downshit to D or stomp the gas so it downshits it self, then after it shifts back it'll move in OD again.

Sound kind of like what my car was doing last summer.

In my case- in the city I had great acceleration. On the highway if I got stuck behind someone who couldn't read the difference bteween the 6 and 5 in 65 mph and slowed to 60 when I tried to speed up it was almost like my car was stuck at 60. The car almost seemed like I was pulling something behind me that was too heavy and was sucking the acceleration right out of it. It seemed like I was slowing down when I was trying to accelerate. Now if I stomped on it to make it downshift the power unleashed itself, so I know the car was able to go.

Here's the bad part- After rebuilding the engine (which included changing the timing belt and chain and replacing the fuel filter and everything else in a tune up) my car continues to have the problem. My next thought has been that the catalytic converter maybe clogged up, but for the moment I can't get it looked at.

that could be a vacume leak or a transmission problem. Tq. converter lockup?