W-Body Mag... New Z34?!?!?!

RenegadeZ

Everyday I take my break @ work I walk the mall & I always stop in Barnes & Noble... I'm always in the magizines area & I alwayz see the import tuner magz & so on... I see the Chevy performance etc... But what I would love to see is a W-Body mag that was published monthly, there are so many of these damn cars why not have a magizine exclusive for them.... Also maybe I was dreaming but I heard that there was talk that GM was thinking about a new gen Z34!!! was I in fantasy land or did someone else hear this?

W-Body is not an hot item for aftermarket. You have to be comapct econo-boxes or big body V-8 gas gusling now-a-days to get some aftermarket. What about the Mid-Sized Family Cars!!!! We need an aftermarket too you bastards!!! Sorry got angry for a minute. We should start our own since no one else loves us.

like the camaro :shock:

"In September 2001, General Motors Corporation announced that 2002 will be the last model year for the Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird"

Gosh, i can't imagine why they dropped the Lumina.

Bill: Hey Ted, we need to drop a car from the chevy lineup, I was thinking a sports car. We can either drop the corvette, or this bitchin Z34, what do you think?

Ted: Ha, good one, if its a sports car we gotta drop the corvette!

Bill: Yeah, I was just fuckin with ya.

W-Body is not an hot item for aftermarket. You have to be comapct econo-boxes or big body V-8 gas gusling now-a-days to get some aftermarket. What about the Mid-Sized Family Cars!!!! We need an aftermarket too you bastards!!! Sorry got angry for a minute. We should start our own since no one else loves us.

:cheers: :rocking:

Not much great about the Z34.. just a Lumina with an "performance" engine that has a stupid design. :P

excuse me my man, you wanna take this outside and handle this like gentlemen?

Not much great about the Z34.. just a Lumina with an "performance" engine that has a stupid design.

pretty much 3.4 DOHC's are junk....... bring on the 3800's

Not much great about the Z34.. just a Lumina with an "performance" engine that has a stupid design.

hey now 3.4 might be a maintance bitch but sure are powerful

Lets see...

Z34, Z28, Z26, Z24(I think)... all dead. Only one I could ever see coming back (if they make it again) would be the Z28.. although they'd probably just name it SS.

Still the Z71 and Z06 though. :wink:

Not much great about the Z34.. just a Lumina with an "performance" engine that has a stupid design. :P

Thems fightin werds where I come from... :nono: :verymad:

:lol: I'm on your side with that one.

Lets see...

Z34, Z28, Z26, Z24(I think)... all dead. Only one I could ever see coming back (if they make it again) would be the Z28.. although they'd probably just name it SS.

Still the Z71 and Z06 though. :wink:

Chevy didn't stop the production of the Z28 Camaro,did they??

Wow, blatent slap in the face for the 3.4. I bash it, but never that bad. It's not a poor design really, it's a pretty standard DOHC V6 design. Some of the problems are 60* specific (dist. oring) but most are typical of any DOHC V6.

<--still would take a 3800 over a 3.4 any day, but the Z is damn fun to drive.

are we going into this again? It's not a poor design, it just never had time to develop. It was a pioneer design that you will be thanking in a couple of years when the 3.6 DOHC is running around. It had much more power than any comparable engine at the time of it's creation. I doubt the 3800 can say the same.

I think GM went with the L67 as ttheir performance engine (the monte SS got it this year) simply because it was a more reliable powerplant. An awful lot of folks who buy performance cars are not enthusiasts, and when an engine has lots of maintinence issues that bring people back to the dealer bitching about their cars...well, that usually spells and end to that design before too many years of production. The 3.8 has been around in various forms for a lot of years and has proven itself to be a solid engine even in performance applications (Buick GNX...in a word, WOW!)...and now a supercharged version gives comparable performance without all the heat issues of a turbo.(and no lag)of course I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a DOHC+supercharged V6 of some kind in the near future...just for the sake of the same power with more fuel economy.