mmmmm drool what i saw yesterday

musthavemuzk

lol i stare at that every time i drive to school (there and back) if you look in the back ground people, you can see that the intersection that me and my phantom have been driving through almost every day since september, yes that very same intersection.

that is an awesome car, i never noticed the side stripes on it, i always look at the headlights when i drive past, and i always look up under at the mufflers when im coming the other way.

so you finally got your car fixed? or did you get a new one?

They've got one of those at the local Chevy dealer here too. Exactly the same color scheeme, must be some kind of limited edition model taking the place of the normal "Ernhardt model".

They've got one of those at the local Chevy dealer here too. Exactly the same color scheeme, must be some kind of limited edition model taking the place of the normal "Ernhardt model".

They are making the Dale Jr and a Dale Sr. version. The Dale Sr version is his legacy car, basically with his legacy logo embroidered on the seat and some badging. I think they are making 2000 Dale Jrs and 3333 Dale Srs. Not as rare as the ones specially made up by Dale Earnhardt Chevy.

http://www.chevrolet.com/monte_carlo/model_ss_supercharged.htm

i bought a 93 GP LE sedan to get me around til warmer weather so i can fix the engine in my cutlass myself. since having a garage to work in when temps were -30 fell through. grrrr.

so i bought something to get me around. prolly paid to much but oh well.

a friend of mine said he saw a simulated race version of the DE JR car in alexandria, MN.

he said it has the big 8 on the doors and hood and more.

sticker on this one was 33,000 and some change

Monty

yeah that is nice, but I like the Intimidator supercharged SS better. all black! theyve got one of those at the chevydealer behind my house.

anyone see the new Impala SS Indianapolis 500 edition? its not too flashy, subtle badges and leather embroidery. only like 200 or 2000 made, cant remember the exact numbers.

Is that an Aluminum subframe? If so I want one.

Yup, that is the same subfram that Intense uses on there 10 sec. 3800 Turbo Grand Prix, I've actually thought of looking into fitting one into the TGP, prolly won't work though, I haven't looked at s/f dimensions.

i hate the new Monte Carlos. the only Montes that i actually like are the '95-99 and especially 88 SSs.

:werd:

I agree, well, except for the 88's. I don't like the boxy ones.

i hate the new Monte Carlos. the only Montes that i actually like are the '95-99 and especially 88 SSs.

...a man that knows his Montes.

thank you for agreeing with me! :)

You guys are nuts. Everything about the styling of the new Monte Carlo's screams heritage. The look of the tail lights, side profile, the window behind the doors. That car is a perfect decendant (excepting front wheel drive), and don't give me any of this "it should have V8" crap either, because the only cars with V8's anymore are luxury and sports cars thats just the natural evolution of cars this far. If ever there was an ugly Monte Carlo it was the MonteLumina's of the late nineties. Two words...vanilla mobile.

You guys are nuts. Everything about the styling of the new Monte Carlo's screams heritage. The look of the tail lights, side profile, the window behind the doors. That car is a perfect decendant (excepting front wheel drive), and don't give me any of this "it should have V8" crap either, because the only cars with V8's anymore are luxury and sports cars thats just the natural evolution of cars this far. If ever there was an ugly Monte Carlo it was the MonteLumina's of the late nineties. Two words...vanilla mobile.

screams heritage? screams poser wanna be to what it should be, but cant be. HO V8, true dual exhaust, t-tops, rear wheel drive.

That's why I don't care for it. I never cared for the looks of any Monte before the 95's and why I don't like the 00+.

What to you = "vanilla mobile", to me = smooth, clean, and sleek.

I like my profiles sleek, I like my bodysides clean, and I like the whole thing smoothed over. My least favorite part of the 95-99's is the molding and the body line. I think they'd look better with both those things shaved smooth, but I guess you would think that looks more "vanilla"! :lol:

The '00+ Monte actually has styling cues of the monte's of the 70s and 80s, unlike the '95-99 2 door Lumi.....er I mean Monte's. Not that the 95-99 is ugly, it just doesn't resemble any other Monte Carlo.

I like the 95-99 Montes over the 00+ Except for the Pace Car, Dale En, and Dale Jr editons. Outside of those Special Editions the new montes look like re-fried shyt!

All I have to say is its about damn time they put the 3800 series II with a supercharger in the newer SSs. Its about time, I was wondering when they were going to make the SS be faster than the standard Monte.

i hit Fargo (which is a couple hours south of me) on saturday for a car show. the big chevy dealer there had one sitting out front too.

Monty