GP1138

Alright, I've been jabbering about this for the last two weeks, and finally, here's some pudding:

ste1.jpg

Some paint should touch this up nicely. This entire car is in dire need of, if not a paint job, then a heavy washing.

ste2.jpg

ste3.jpg

ste4.jpg

The trunk lock is broken, and the entire decklid is sticking out on the right side. I'm going to need an entire new decklid from an STE. :-S

ste5.jpg

Ok, this motor looks very sick, but they said it ran well before it quit. The woman I talked to said the serpentine belt (she actually used that word and pointed to the belt) broke and the garage replaced it for her. The hood insulation has a belt-sized strip missing from it, and looks oily. Methinks a power steering pump either leaked or is leaking.

ste6.jpg

The interior. My new cameraphone came in handy, but it's somewhat shitty. The interior of this car is decently clean, and looks in very good condition.

ste7.jpg

ste8.jpg

Red: 2 speakers in the door. :) Yellow: gain control?? :D

ste9.jpg

129,516 miles.

ste10.jpg

VFD DIC :D

I'm going to need to come up with another $300 pretty quick, as she said she's had a few more people interested in this car, but it looks like a pretty decent deal. I'm not sure exactly what happened with the engine. She said it quit on her on the highway, and she took it to a garage and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and she just got tired of it, so she garaged it. It's been there for a year. I'm hoping this is going to be a fixer-upper, and not a nightmare. That's what I'm hoping CARFAX will help me decide.

Sorry about the shitty quality. Comments, anyone?

I'm getting an STE!! :D

Oh, duh. The car is $350. The problem with it is it's got "no title" or something to that effect. She says she's "parting it out", so I'm going to tell her I'm "parting it out" and fix it up if possible. I'm not sure how to do that though.

No rust or body damage from what I saw, but I didn't stay too long. I'll look it over more carefully next time. She says she's going to roll it out into her driveway and wash it, she doesn't like selling things dirty, lol.

Guest TurboSedan

i wouldn't buy it without a clear title, but it might be possible to get one. is it just that she lost it and can't find it?

i wish i could find something like that to replace my high mileage Cutlass.

joshua

I dont touch cars anymore that dont have titles, almost got busted for a stolen camaro couple years back. If you do decide 2 get it, keep us updated. does it crank but not start, not crank, not stay running? lol we need details.

-Jeff

Looks like it can be brought back. Nice find.

I've never seen the coolant reservoir in that location before on the 3.1 (maybe it was just moved).

notice the mounting holes....it's just the old style resivor moved to a different spot

but anyways...it looks good...all it needs is a wash :wink:

Looks like it can be brought back. Nice find.

I've never seen the coolant reservoir in that location before on the 3.1 (maybe it was just moved).

LOL - the coolant reservoir is empty, and is sitting on top of the serpentine belt as of now.

I know EXACTLY why, too. How many 2.8/3.1 owners here have been doing something with the engine requiring unbolting the dogbones and rolling the engine forward, and when they put the dogbones back, forgot to put the coolant reservoir back before they put the dogbones back?? You gotta unbolt that dogbone one more time and put the damn reservoir back.

Someone forgot to do that here and just said fuck it, lol. The bolts are in a crevice in the lower left hand part of the engine bay, lol.

Looks ok. Does it have a moonroof? $350 for the whole car isn't bad. If you can't get ir running, it's worth more than that in parts. Use some brake fluid on the headlight bar. Let us know how it works out. I'm partial to STE's.

:)

It's got a moonroof, yeah. I love the car already. I don't really like 4-doors, but I actually liked this. Carri's gonna kill me, but I'm probably going to get all the good parts I can get off of my LE and ship it off to the scrapyard. I've got a lot of memories and good times in that car, not to mention experience and money, but if I can get this STE to be better than the LE, I'm going to jump at the chance.

It's got a moonroof, yeah. I love the car already. I don't really like 4-doors, but I actually liked this. Carri's gonna kill me, but I'm probably going to get all the good parts I can get off of my LE and ship it off to the scrapyard. I've got a lot of memories and good times in that car, not to mention experience and money, but if I can get this STE to be better than the LE, I'm going to jump at the chance.

The moonroof is worth as much as you paid for the car...if not more!

Shawn