Changing brake pads.........

90KUTTY

I just need a quick guide on how to change the front brake pads on my CS. This will be the first time I try it. Like what size socket, how many bolts are there, etc. thanx help much appreciated

Guest TurboSedan

the front calipers are held on by two T60 torx head bolts. torque spec is 148ft/lbs so you will need a 1/2" drive ratchet and probably a breaker bar. after removing them gently pull it off the rotor being careful not to put stress on the rubber brake hose. i've never actually changed the front pads but i think they are just held in with clips. you will probably need to compress the piston back into the bore in order to get the new pads in - it either gets compressed back in with a large C-clamp or the piston simply turns back in. hopefully someone here can help with that....

joshua

Guest Anonymous

Once you get the caliper off the removal and instalation of pads is self explanatory. Just look at them. The piston pushes straight in on the front with a c-clamp. Open your master cylinder and get some fluid out before you push the piston back in the caliper.

Be careful not to excessively touch the new pads with your fingers and avoid getting break fluid on them at all costs!!! This will shorten the life of the pads greatly. Once you've goten everything reassembled give the whole rotor/caliper/pad assembly a good spray down with break cleaner to remove any grime in the area. Other than that have fun!