Hand waxing and car washes

Lee

I use a Maguire's liquid wax on my car. My question is, If I run the car through a car wash, does it strip off all my hard work?

Sometimes I use a carnuba paste wax....same question.

Thanks, Lee

touchless yes. One that you do yourself, not as likley.

The touchless ones use extreme chemicals to clean your car. For most people, they wouldnt car in the least. But if you spent a few hours cleaning the car, and then take it through the touchless the next week, there goes your work. It will leave SOME wax on there, but its not recomended. Carnuba doesnt make a lick of difference.

You can always use a checmical sealant. Megs makes some. I personly use their high tech yellow wax.Theres a sealer a step up from it. Thing is, sealers usually dont give as much shine.

As far as ones with brushes, they are ok, but use your own sponge. I would never trust the brushes, cause more than likley, the person in front of you did everything but wipe their butt with it, and then you would use that on your car? I dont really like the sprayer either, because you have residue in the same chanel your shooting "clean" water from. This means, you could be spraying degreaser, etc on the paint. Also, all water is recycled THERE, another big no no

jon

why not just normal car wash? Car wash fluid is the least important thing on washing a car, just dont get one that has wax built in.

Does using the shampoo at mouisture and depth and bouce to the paint? :lol:

I like to buy shampoo (yes, the kind you use in your hair) to wash my car. Go to Walmart and find the biggest cheapest bottle they have.. works good and you don't have to worry about it damaging the paint. :wink:

Great!!! So now my car can have an organic experience too???