shaking and noise

syknesss

i get a shaking from the front end and when i hit a big enough bump i hear a creak noise i replaced the top dog bones but that didnt help is there another mount to look for or could it be something else?

Don't forget about the two sub-frame bolts.

The sub-frame on my car when I bought it was missing one bolt on the passenger side and so the passenger side of the sub-frame was hanging a bit and makes lots of noise and weird engine movement.

I did not think about it since I just got and did not know about my vehicle at that time. Since I did not know about it, I was driving it like that until the hard rubber part where the bolt and metal plate connects to was already torn apart.

I have to get the parts at the dealership and replace it myself. BTW, the dealership gave me the wrong bolts and metal plate and I have to come back 3 times to get the right parts. :(

.. wasn't there a recall on those bolts, they were falling out of the cars and would cause them to be unstearable, and often this would happen at highway speeds?

I think* I remember hearing about something like that with my 88 Regal at least...

:lol: I'm still trying to figure out why, most of the people on this page whenever they have a problem, the first thing they go for is those fucking dogbones. :lol: and upgrading them for better ones too, like they are some kind of fucking performance upgrade or something?

Nothing personal skynesss, don't take any offense to this. I just find it funny thats all.

Anyway, CB is right, check your suspension. That type of problem could be a number of things, check primarily your bearings, and balljoints, make sure the nuts under the hood holding your struts in place are tight. If that turns up nothing, check to make sure your steering linkages are all tight, without much play. Those subfame bolts aren't a bad idea to check either, especially if there was a TSB or recall on them.

Guest TurboSedan
:lol: I'm still trying to figure out why, most of the people on this page whenever they have a problem, the first thing they go for is those fucking dogbones. :lol: and upgrading them for better ones too, like they are some kind of fucking performance upgrade or something?

put a manual transmission in your car, and you will definately consider them an upgrade. my bushings look ok, but the dogbone itself actually hits the valve cover and has marred it from the engine moving around so much.

joshua

i needed the dogbones anyway the bushings were ripped and no i didnt go buy better ones i got the 17 dollar pepboys ones....its not when i hit a small bump its if i go over somethinbig like a speed bump

i had a big problem with my dog bones. i race my car regulary, and the one day i was going to work, and when i was getting on I295, i gave it some gas, and i heard this huge clunk. well, turns out, one of the bushings in the dogbone tore apart, and caused my bottom front motor mount to snap. whether the dog bone was damaged prior or not, i don't know. i ended up have to replace that damn mount twice, because i didn't even think to suspect a bad bushing in the db. just some words of advice, don't let them go to long, it probally cost me about 150 bucks between to motor mounts and the 2 dog bones.