Alternator

RenegadeZ

Here's the drama, stock alt run 105 amps...At autozone the guy says he has an 105 amp heavy duty alt... I thought 105 amps were a 105 amps period, whatcha guyz think?

The guy might mean a slightly better built alt of the same amperage...he's obiviously talking about the "Duralast Gold" alternator available for our cars, I have one on my car because it was the only one w/ a lifetime warranty offered by them(had it for two years now..before that, my 93 SE went through around 6-7 alts :roll: ).

Damn dawg how does one go thru "6-7" alternators? Do you run a mean stereo system? I plan on running some soundz probably like 4 subz eventually but in the mean time 2 15 inchers off of a 1000 watt amp... I've been trying to figure out if I want to go with an alternator with even more amperage.

no stereo whatsoever..just shitty ass alternators I guess, read the boards, a lot of people have problems w/ them. Back when my parents had the car, they had an expensive GM replacement alt die out after only a few weeks :roll:

The guy might mean a slightly better built alt of the same amperage...he's obiviously talking about the "Duralast Gold" alternator available for our cars, I have one on my car because it was the only one w/ a lifetime warranty offered by them(had it for two years now..before that, my 93 SE went through around 6-7 alts :roll: ).

Yeah, Im on #4, maybe 5, in 18 months. Just shitty alternators