Door Locks

Lumina3.1

Hello, I'm new here.

I recently got a 1993 Lumina Euro 3.1. The doors automatically lock when the car is put into gear. But they do not unlock when the car is shut off or put back into park. Are they supposed to unlock? If so, why aren't mine unlocking?

haha easy fix for that. it annoyed the hell out of me too. i pulled down that plastic piece over the pass under the dash find the dinger box (ya know it dings 'n shit :lol: ) there is a wireing harnas comeing off it. pull out the green safety thing and disconnect the harnas let the ends hang loose put it all back together. and no more auto locks :D

93's don't auto unlock, but 94's do.

You can either disable the chime box like White93z34 said, or you can upgrade to the 94 chime box and run an additional wire and it will auto unlock.

Yes it was very stupid. To add to the annoying unlocking everytime u get out, you also get alot of busted passenger side door handles (on the inside). I had mine busted a few times by friends thinking it had auto unlock and then pulling really hard on it. Anyone else ever have this happen?

yeah mine does that too. at first i thought it was a good idea, especially for back in 1994. but now its just annoying. always trying to get out, forgetting that its locked. although, my power door locks dont work, so i dont notice anything now.