Moonroof question

TeeJay3800

I need some suggestions on what kind of adhesive to use for my moonroof. The rubber that goes around the outside edge of the glass is coming away from the glass a little bit. What kind of adhesive should I use to re-adhere it?

assuming i understand correctly what your doing...

i have seen people tape them and look tacky as hell..

you could try window seal cock. Please dont do a half ass job and make it look stupid.

if its small try rubber cement

DO NOT use rubber cement, it will eat the clear coat over time.

I agree go the 3M route. When I did my sisters moonroof I placed the rubber seal in place and taped the edge with masking tape. Then I used a silicone seal, but its a pain in the ass. Just use the tape.

Permatex silicone is holding on my heavy metal gtp badge by the decklid, for a year now, after it cured for a day I tried to move it and it was solid, couldnt risk losing that rare gtp badge I bought off someone on this forum :lol:

Yeah, I use the Permatex clear adhesive silicone for everything.

I once made the mistake of using it to glue the emblem back into my Cutlass taillight. The emblem wasn't in that great of shape, and when I discovered GM sells the emblem by itself, I decided to take the old one out and put in a new one. I couldn't get the emblem out, not even prying it with a knife. I ended up having to pull off the taillight lens, drilling a hole behind the emblem, and pushing it out with a screwdriver. The silicone was so strong, instead of the emblem popping out, I only managed to bust a piece out of it and cracked the taillight (luckily behind the emblem where it wasn't visible). Once the emblem was shattered, I had to cut it out with a knife.

The Permatex stuff is surprisingly strong. In liquid form, it's very weak, but once it cures... I don't think liquid nails can touch it.