Grand Prix Special Edition

Green96GTPchick

Yes, pre 97. I met a nice looking black one the other nite and he said he had the 3.8 in it. Could have been showing off to see what I knew, but I only chatted with the owner at a stop light, and I didn' t get to confirm that he swapped.

he didnt, he turend left i went straight. We raced, but not from a stop. It was wet and raining so it was hard to tell. Need to find him on a nice day.

special edition had the 3.4dohc the only ones i have seen though were 93s

Not always. In fact, there is a '96 Special Edition for sale just down the street from my apartment here. Just an SE with white rims, ground effects and a 3100 engine.

Special edition was the body package, suspension, and exhaust. The GTP package included the special edition package along with the hood vents and 3.4 engien.

SE is an SE.

B4U and BYP are appearance packages on an SE.

Special Edition is just a badging package that allows for white color matched wheels.

GTP is an option for SEs that has handling, louvers, and the 3.4 DOHC with 3.43 differential.

GTP special editions dont have GTP badging because "Special Edition" overrides GTP badging.

hopefully this answers questions on GTP, Special Edition and SE.

:D Have a wonderful W-Body day!

Thanks guys, I figured that all, I was jsut double checking. I still haven't found him again. If I do, I will be sure to ask him to pull off into a parking lot and take pics of his engine. I am thinking he was just trying to impress me. I mean,. how does telling a chick drving a gtp that you have a 3100 in ur's? How impressive does THAT sound?

as i was saying....

in '96 all Grand Prixs had the B4U package. the BYP package was dropped in '95. you wont find a Special Edition out there without the B4U package. ...and YES...a GTP loses its GTP badge when it is a Special Edition. Special Edition stickers override the GTP badge.

heres my window sticker:

505596_15_full.jpg

my window sticker has the Special Edition somewhat described under the high-polished wheel option.

...and yes, i need to find somewhere to host pictures so they dont have to shrink and lose their definition.