How much do you think they'll be worth?

THe_DeTAiL3R

TGPs. I'm talking one that were to be completely stock looking, near or in showcar condition. Will they be worth lots of money one day? If you were to pick one up that was in storage since the day it was make (in other words, perfect condition) how much would it be worth?

Just wondering cause I'd like to get a TGP and restore it to factory condition. Bring it to car shows and such.

It's hard to say because the type of cars people want change every year. If you look at the 57 Bel Air, you couldn't give one away in the 70s. Now, a 2-door hardtop will go for a minimum of $25k, all the way up to 75-80k for the really rare optioned Bel Air's in mint condition. But in say 20-30 years from now, the TGP should at least reach collectable value.

I would say that most W's in 20-30 years will be worth alot.

:lol: I personally doubt that.. There's way too many of them on the road right now to make them worth anything. haha.. I agree with what Robby said.. and it'll only get worse. I think there will be a few that might hold SOME value.. like the TGP's, the Cutlass convertibles.. semi-rare cars like that. The only reason I hang on to the pile of Grand Prixs I have is because they're worth nothing and I'd loose too much cash selling them.

If these things would eventually become worth a lot, I'll go take a thousand dollars and buy 50 w-body cars. Heck.. I'll even bump up that fund to about 1200 bucks and try get one from every state.. that's GOTTA raise the value :)

I think 20-30yrs from now, the first gen W-bodies will be worth more than they're worth now, but not a whole lot. Maybe $10-15k for one in pristine condition, $7-10k for one in pretty darn good shape (not adjusted for inflation). I'm just guessing based on the value of other 40yr old cars that aren't of particular collector value. Antique cars almost always have better resale than a 10-15yr old car.

Anyway, I think there's a chance coupes will be worth more than the sedans. Old coupes almost always have better resale than old sedans.

Sportier versions like the TGP, GTP, convertibles, etc. will be worth more than the plain ones.

I think there's a possibility that Oldsmobiles will be worth more due to some collectors seeking out old orphan cars... look at Edsel and Studebaker, for instance.

Also, I don't know about most areas, but around here, gen 1 W-bodies are becoming more and more extinct. I used to see them practically everywhere. Now I have to really look for them. Maybe I would see more if I went into the poorer neighborhoods! :(

Also, I don't know about most areas, but around here, gen 1 W-bodies are becoming more and more extinct. I used to see them practically everywhere. Now I have to really look for them. Maybe I would see more if I went into the poorer neighborhoods! :(

we (tony and I) live in great neighborhoods and tahts all we see is w's. Most of the friggin cars at the yards were w's. It is truly amazing that almost every kids new car is a w body, or a older J body. I counted 16 w's in my school parking structure on one day, most were gp's and cuttys (one had a body kit and said cutlass supreme sx on the assend?) Jay

Well, if we take a look at old G-body's specifically the rare ones like the Regal T-Types, Grand Nationals, 442's, HO's, and SS's most of those that are in good shape go for $10,000-15,000. So I would imagine the more rare W's should go for the same premium in ten years or so.

Around my neck of the woods there is alot of w-body's , old and new, alot of the older ones have the clear coat peeling off and or the paint, i am guessing from the heat and the gm 's shitty paint, but to find one that has been takin care of, like mine or better than i personnaly think that they may be worth something one day, i know I like mine and hope to keep it for a while, its been a damn good car, but I think my car's value being so low is rediculous,but that may be just because it is my car and i know whats in it and it has some sentimental value to it, i seen a 93 regal sedan, 3.8 with 135,000 miles on a lot for 4000 bucks and the guy sold it, they seem to have a good resale here, all the w's, but hey we all know there good cars , just my 2 cents, Regalized

Back on what....topic...huh????

I doubt that they'll ever be worth that much. As rare as they may be they aren't exactly super longed after by others outside of this board. Same thing with the 92' Toronado Trofeo, less than 2,000 made, so they're pretty damn rare but they still aren't worth crap in most markets. If you plan on buying on thinking it'll be worth something some day don't. You'd be better off investing in popscicles and moving to the Mohave desert.

supreme_style21 said that there are a lot on the road. i never see any early 90s w bodys. maybe because i own all of them in the city(4) but a 94 lumina z34 there were only 3400 made and 5 speeds are not to popular to. i think they will be worth a chunk of change in 15 years. In 1995 z34 there were 108,000 made. no way they have any value

we (tony and I) live in great neighborhoods

warren = great neighborhood?????

...you are the first person that I have ever heard say those two words in the same sentence...although it does look halfway decent in your sig. pic....

I personally wouldn't leave my car, let alone your nice ride unattended for more than 5 minutes in Warren....