Radio plan.. Is this a good stereo?

Dirty Rockstar

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=1534951&langId=-1

Ok, here's the scoop.. The din 1.5 radio I bought for 99 cents off ebay is pissing me off to no end. I want to get a new one, but it MUST be Din 1.5. I saw this one at Ultimate Electronics, and for $270.00, it better have a DAMN GOOD anti shock system.. Right now, w/ the radio up, it skips over the CDs from it's own bass/trebble. I want to do this though:

Hook up my old thinkpad w/ an external HDD, wired to a small LCD screen, all hooked into the radio to play my MP3s. I think it would be very cool, but I am not "with it" when it comes to car audio. I also want to add an amp to it, then new speakers.. 4 in the factory locations, and one in each front door. If anyone has any input, let me know.. THanks! :D

Thatd be cool.. A few queries: How much? Doews it play well over bumps in the road?(VERY important in MN as our roads suck major ass) Does it play CDRs well? And is this the DIN 1.5 Pioneer w/ the remote? Also, does the faceplate make a good connection, and does it hold tight to the radio? I am battling that right now. Let me know either way if you win it so I don't cling to a hope, or go out and buy the Audivox! Thanks! :D

How much?

I'm gonna go for $200 shipped. I'll include the remote, a GM wiring harness adapter, and I believe I have the original box and instructions yet.

Doews it play well over bumps in the road?(VERY important in MN as our roads suck major ass)

I've honestly never had this thing skip while driving. Hays has shitty streets too (old brick roads from WAY back in the day that the city chooses not to repair). Just as long as it's mounted correctly, you won't have a problem with it. It's been in 3 cars now with no problems (Lumina, Cutlass and TGP).

Does it play CDRs well?
Yup, most of my CD collection are burned CD's.

And is this the DIN 1.5 Pioneer w/ the remote?
Yes, as stated above, I'll include that.

Also, does the faceplate make a good connection, and does it hold tight to the radio?
Never had a problem with it NOT making a connection. Comes off very easily, and reattach's very easily. I rarely take it off unless I travel someplace.

The auction ends tonight, so I'll let you know.

Sweet.. Either way, I'm not ready at the moment for it (Lack of funds) But I'll let you know as soon as I can get it from ya (Within a reasonable timeframe of course)

Dammit... I think I need to sleep.. Sorry, lol.. I did mean LukeZ34.. Mustve been his RED GP turbo in his sig, lol.. I suppose eating more than twice a week and sleeping more than 20 hours a month would help too, lol...

it's nice :) it will shake the roof w/o subs

I like em' to , but I may look into some after i replace all the struts and .... etc. etc. etc .... $$$$$$$$$$$$$

it's nice :) it will shake the roof w/o subs

I like em' to , but I may look into some after i replace all the struts and .... etc. etc. etc .... $$$$$$$$$$$$$

My current setup does that now.. My rearview mirror fell off twice in the last year.. Even the OUTSIDE sideview mirrors shake! I think my factory speakers sound great, but I do want some small one on the doors, lol.. ANd an update on my MP3 plan: I wilbe using a desktop PC w/ an athlon processor hooked up w/ the best damn sound card, and a vid. card which will allow a 5: LCD screen to be plugged in.

I have a legacy-free PC here now.. It has a VERY small profile, and... Hey. I'll bet that son of a bitch can fit under the passenger seat.. And my car is not a parts car, lol... I see more GPs in the junkyards here than Luminas.. THink about that.. lol.. But yea, I dont think its rice because im not going to play my driving games in.. my... umm.. CAR... that I... whats the word.. DRIVE... I prefer the realthing, lol...