New 97+ wheels on older W

GPRACER

Started today on this project just to see what will be required. I have a couple of damaged wheels to use just while I make sure the clearances are ok. So far the front is quite easy, I just used the grinder and took off about .060 from the caliper bracket. torqued the wheel on and perfect, no clearance problems using a 225 60 R16 tire. I may use a .050 thou. shim just for an added bit of clearance. Looks pretty good.

The rear may be a little harder, the tire is rubbing pretty hard on the trailing arm. Anyone know if the tube type arm gives you any more clearance? I know the newer style arm will fit my car because I just got one out of the parts dept. and they are identical. The larger style alum. wheel weights are contacting my handbrake lever also, but that's an easy fix with stickey wheel weights.

Thinking about using the gold wheels from '97, and changing all the chrome trim to gold. Gold/black scheme should look ok?