just replaced my steering coulumn....

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

well i finally went to the local salvage yard and bought a new steering column. it is from a floor-shifted '93 Lumina Euro and it's black. it took about 45min to replace it (i replaced it in the salvage yard parking lot). everything bolted right in, plugged right in, and looks great. no problems at all so i'm happy. my Cutlass now has the Lumina Euro black leather wrapped steering wheel and it looks really nice, but i still gotta get rid of the bowtie emblem in the center of the horn pad. i paid $75 for it, but i got to test it out before i bought it, didn't have to worry about shipping charges, and the column came with ignition keys so i didn't have to mess around with changing the lock cylinder out either.

so my turn signals work perfectly now, no more problems with the brake lights, and i no longer have to deal with the broken tilt mechanism in the old column (very irriating trying to drive it with the steering wheel flooping up and down).

joshua

the buttons should light up already. mine do. and i have the same problem with the broken tilt. i have another steering cloumn to fix it, but have no idea how to. anyone know?

Guest TurboSedan
you sure thats leather?

haha no, it's even better! it's that ultra-super-deluxe fake plastic-or-something stitched material only found in the exotic Chevy Lumina!

joshua