Another god damn issue with my blinkers....

jeremy

.....when I turn on either blinker, no blinking....when I turn on the hazards...they blink normally....is it a switch/stalk issue??

I just changed to synthetic blinker fluid so I don't know what the problem is....

sounds like the flasher bit the dust. Either that or you have a light out on each side (left and right) of your car. Not sure where the blinker is located. but they are only like 2 bucks for a standard one, or 7 bucks for the digital one. I run the digital one. They last forever, and work great if you pull trailers...

I'm having a hard time reading your post for some reason. I've said this in a another thread, and I'm gonna say it again. GOD DAMN, she's smokin'. Who is that chick?

I had that same thing happen to my TGP, one day the blinkers wouldn't work, but the next they were working just fine. Now I have issues with the stalk, the contacts are used and abused (almost 160k miles). I'm gonna take it apart and clean the contacts and look for anything out of place. I read something about this happening on the TGP forum. Clean it and bend the contacts back and it might close the circuit again for you so they blink.

Guest TurboSedan

probably the flasher. my Cutlass uses a seperate flasher for the hazards. the hazard flasher is on the passenger side below the glove box, and the turn signal flasher is on the column itself down by the floor. i know your car has the new style dash, but i would think it still uses seperate flashers for the signals/hazards.

joshua

jermey, you have a 97, right?

check the flasher first, since its the cheapest and easist. Its right above the brake pedal.

But, i dont think its that. Mine had the same problem that you are desc. Cept sometimes the blinker woudl come on, but not flash at all. Most of the time it didnt, but hazzards worked fine.

It ends up being the switch in the column. Just worn out

jon

jermey, you have a 97, right?

check the flasher first, since its the cheapest and easist. Its right above the brake pedal.

But, i dont think its that. Mine had the same problem that you are desc. Cept sometimes the blinker woudl come on, but not flash at all. Most of the time it didnt, but hazzards worked fine.

It ends up being the switch in the column. Just worn out

jon

yep, a '97 ....grrrrrr....I will try the flasher first as it is cheaper and easier to replace...