LTE Project; Part II, Day two. FLOOR SHIFTING COMPLETED

digitaloutsider

That's right, my LTE now has full-fledged floor shifting. The project is moving along quite smoothly, thankfully. Here are the pictures:

Before:

gp0.jpg

Pulling the column down to install the ignition shift interlock:

gp1.jpg

Installing the cables to the floor shifter:

gp2.jpg

Installing the new headliner:

gp3.jpg

Console in and completed:

gp4.jpg

Finished product:

gp5.jpg

Yes, I know my carpet sucks, and the seats aren't in that great of shape.. but that's getting fixed to. We're hopefully getting some charcoal carpet to go with the headliner. The seats are getting reupholstered later on. The LTE is finally getting some attention.

Hey, that looks really good for the amount of work you did. Makes me want to go out and do something to my car. Yeah, the seats are dirty, and the carpet is, but you gotta feel good drivin down the road with your hand resting on the gearshifter. I don't know, I always did that.

Did that shift boot come out of an Achieva? I got mine out of a '95 Grand Am, it's one of the ones with the button facing the front of the car, and rounded on top.

if you pull on the rubber piece right where the old shifter was you'll fina a one or two torx bolts that you can take off and pull the whole shift mechanism out of the collumn...... put it back on and make a plate and the column shifter hole is gone......... just my .02

my hats off to anyone who goes through that much work to convert to a floor shift w/bucket seats! I've know people to sell a car because i didnt have those features! :lol:

The results look pro and factory direct...well done! wonder what he's got up his sleeve next? (and I drive with one hand on the shifter a lot myself!...its a carguy thing)

I think that is a fine shift knob. :wink: Drive with it awhile and you will not like a GP knob ever again. It is a much more natural forearm position. Plus.....it's real leather! :D

I like the knob myself, but if you want a GP one, I have the goofy rounded one from a 94 if you want it, lol.. I tried it for a week, but I really hated it, so I put my chevy T-handle one back on.. lol.. And, as a car nut, I rest my hand on the shifter too.. It feels empowering, and gets you closer to the car.. lol... like holding hands.. lmao! Anyway, GREAT work shaun! I'm doin that to my 6000 this summer! :)

I think that is a fine shift knob. :wink: Drive with it awhile and you will not like a GP knob ever again. It is a much more natural forearm position. Plus.....it's real leather! :D

W3rd. I love my shift knob. :) I rest my hand on it all the time when I drive.

I enjoy resting my hand on the shift knob.. But I wonder if one day I'll have a woman to sit in the passenger seat so I can rest my hand on her thigh :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: Wouldnt that be great, lol..

looking better and better all the time.

tons of questions. just not sure where to start.

not to mention someone will just say to use the search.

so for now i will leave it at that.

Monty

Wow, Shaun...you're the man.

I enjoy resting my hand on the shift knob.. But I wonder if one day I'll have a woman to sit in the passenger seat so I can rest my hand on her thigh Wouldnt that be great, lol..

That's exactly what I do. LoL. When I'm alone, I fiddle with the shift knob, but when my girlfriend's around, her leg takes precedence.

Where do I get a T-knob that'll fit? I like my current knob, but T-knob's look cooler.