LTE Project; Part II, Day One. (Pictures!)

digitaloutsider

Here are the pictures from Day 1 of the floor shifting conversion project. Expect more tomorrow!

My nice clean engine:

prix1.jpg

Interior, minus the old 60/40 split bench:

prix2.jpg

Interior; Carpet removed:

prix3.jpg

Cutting the insulation to accomidate the floor shifter:

prix4.jpg

At the end of day one:

prix5.jpg

prix6.jpg

lol, it's really only going to be a huge pain in the ass. As for the seats, i'm throwing in some 14-way power ones. The driver one has a side that's ripped, but nothing some seat covers won't hide temporarily. The passenger one is great. Again, thanks for all the nice comments, guys!

I don't think that it is rice at all. I love those gauges and I'm really thinking of getting a set in the future. I want to get white or red lettering though. I don't like the yellow.

Those are from SpeedHut by the way. :D

Thanks Sean and Jay and everyone else. My main reason for doing this is to prove sedans can be cool too :lol:

Anyhoo, about those gauges, I really like them. In fact, I'd have to say, if they made them for 90-93 Grand Prix's, I'd buy 'em. No doubt.

Your engine bay is cleaner than your interior! What do you use, my engine is dirtier than Britney's new video. Are you putting STE seats in , or 2 door ones? I also like the flame gauges from the monte.

Your engine bay is cleaner than your interior! What do you use, my engine is dirtier than Britney's new video. Are you putting STE seats in , or 2 door ones? I also like the flame gauges from the monte.

I'm not sure what Shaun used...but i used black magic...that works good on all the plastic and rubber and painted parts...on the plenum and valve covers though grab some sand paper...start with about 200 grit and finish of with up to 2000 for a mirror finish

My engine looks ever better at the moment then it does in my sig

BTW...keep up the good work Shaun :wink: I like it already

The engine was cleaned with nothing but a pressure washer and Simple Green Automotive. It was polished up using Blue Magic metal polish (I swear by the stuff).

As for the plastic parts, they were onced over with some tire glaze. Any kind will do. (LIQUID SPRAY ONLY! NO FOAM SHIT!)

• 2 weeks later...

i dunno what was done to the engine in my cutlass, but i had many a comments at car audio comps last summer on how clean my engine bay was for a 90.

all i have done to it is pressure wash it twice a year.

took the pressure washer to my GP engine bay today. much better but still dirty.

but to your car Shaun.

LOVE IT.

the pics bring back memories of my sound deadening job last spring and subsequent install.

only one ride so i would drive it around in pieces as i tore into it and put it back together.

can't wait for the finished results

Monty