GM XM ready radios

no1kicker

I'm thinking of getting XM radio. I know some of the new GM radios are XM ready. Is it possible for the newer radios to work with our cars? And where can I find a list of the XM ready radios?

i really dont know

I do know some of the later buicks and olds had different harnesses, which were used for a few more years, even now (untill 2002 or so). For example, ive seen up to like 2003 Brvadas using the same radio that was in my CS (or something close).

why no aftermarket?

jon

I'll be the one to buck the trend here, but what the hey-

If you can't get a GM unit to work and go with an aftermarket unit, have you looked at what Sirius has to offer? I've used both, and content wise, they're very similar, what swung me was, to be honest, the free tuner offer. If you buy a Sirius ready deck and antennea they'll throw in the $150 tuner for free.

I know they're like $3 more a month, but they also are the exclusive partner of the NFL, NBA and NHL. I know that all the NFL games are going to be carried; I'm not much into basketball or hockey, so I don't know what percentage of those games are on...

Good luck with whatever you decide, the only thing I'm not pleased with is my reciever won't display all the info that those add-on boxes will all at once.

If the newer style radios will work that would be great. Guess I'll have to do some more research about which ones came XM ready. I don't want to go aftermarket, I don't like the way it looks, and more chance of it being stolen. I would probably put this in my Firebird, since right now I have a cassette from an 87 Astro van. :oops:

IIRC, all of GM's new radio's, which support OnStar, MP3 playback and XM, are all of Double Din Size.. they wouldn't fit in your dash opening.

Plus I believe they all have a new plug and part of the info is in the BCM which controls part of the deck. Atleast that is how it is in the new cavs and fires. I'm going to assume it's like that for all of the gm's. + like Luke said they are 2 din aswell and won't fit in

Plus I believe they all have a new plug and part of the info is in the BCM which controls part of the deck. Atleast that is how it is in the new cavs and fires. I'm going to assume it's like that for all of the gm's. + like Luke said they are 2 din aswell and won't fit in
IIRC, all of GM's new radio's, which support OnStar, MP3 playback and XM, are all of Double Din Size.. they wouldn't fit in your dash opening.

Exactly what they said. GM has integrated the BCM into the new headunits.