need more power (3.4 dohc v6)

anything i can do? blower ect? none of that bull shit 4 hp shit eather besides nos i have 80,000 miles thanks its a 1996 dif than prev 3.4's i know the valve cover oil thing is in the middle rather then far right.. also getting rid of traction control? possible? :evil:

anything i can do? blower ect? none of that bull shit 4 hp shit eather besides nos i have 80,000 miles thanks its a 1996 dif than prev 3.4's i know the valve cover oil thing is in the middle rather then far right.. also getting rid of traction control? possible? :evil:

Sighs.. ill try to explain some things to save some time

Money will play a big factor in this

To get the most out of your motor befor you put Naws or blower or any major mode like that you are going to need exaust, intake, Fresh timing, good plugs and wires. yes thats the 1-10hp "shit". In most cases with just the things i listed willmake your car go from 16.1 to a 15.5 easily. FFP pully, and Dogbone are a must! Some aftermarket Chip will help with advanced timeing and lower temp stat.

To Add a Turbo or Blower.. bring your 15.5 to 14 or better

Vortec makes a blower that will meet air requirements for our motor at the cost of 1500 just for the blower but you have to make a custom bracket and design your own Oil lines, air channel, and custum belt to the charger.. project cost could be at 3000bux? ruff estamate

Turbo requires battery relocation and washer fluid relocation. Custom headers and pipe work. aswell as oil lines blowoff valves the works.. will be pricy aswell TimG did his for ruffly 3000bux

Naws.. thats just a bad idea... dont bother

To handle all that power you might want to upgrade your transmission the 4t60e will NOT handle more then 280hp. 270 is pushing it! So a swap to a 4t65e-HD or to a manual 284getrag is in order.

Manual 282 or 284 5speed

will require a custom clutch bracket and the obious interior adjustments. i dont know how your pcm will react to not having the auto tranny hooked up to it. lots of potential for problems..

4t65e-HD

i dont know of any required alterations other then the OBD 2 requirement?

There is a Timeing Mod that will make the 3.4dohc motor run like crazy somone claimed 13s by 6* advance intake and 7*retard in exaust? but also claimed Idle was not road worthy and unstable

Sum it up

Intake $50 +3hp

Catback Exaust $250 +7hp

Timing $500

Plugs + wires $30 do it yourself

FFP dogbone $60

FFP underdrive pully $80 +10hp

Therm stat $15 +2hp

Chip $250 + 3hp

total cost = $1235

total HP gains = 25hp

est at crank 240hp less trany(4t60e)=~200hp at wheels

price per HP gain $49.4per 1HP

for induction

supercharger or turbo install $3000 + 50-75hp

trany upgrade $1000(for trany and install*used)

total cost $4000

total hp gain 50-75hp

price per hp $53.7-$80per 1HP

est at crank 265-290

----------

all mods including blower

total Hp gains 75-100hp

total cost $5235

ext hp at crank 290-315hp

you can take shortcuts but they will bite you in the ass in the end..