Center Caps and Lug Nut Covers?

gmrulz4u

I am going to need all new Center Caps and Lug Nut Covers for my 89 Cutlass Supreme's 16" Aluminum rims.

How do I go about getting these? Can I still get them from the GM Dealerships even though the rims haven't been used in over 10 years?

THANKS!:)

GM wanted $1.85 for 1 lug nut cover..

I passed on that one.. :roll:

I have a ton of lug nut covers from my fiero, I wonder if they are the same as the cutty, I am missing a couple so I guess I will have to check when I get home....

yeah, i want to get new polished "ABS" center caps for my polished wheels. i am gonna have a bitch of a time finding them. ive seen them on newer GTP polished wheels though, so maybe ill have some luck.

GM uses only a few different lugnut covers.

The GP and Cutlass ones are the same except for color.

I love the lugnut covers. They let you use a keyed security lugnut, yet they all look the same. I don't like aftermarket lugnuts, the keyed one always looks different and I think that looks like ass.

yeah, i want to get new polished "ABS" center caps for my polished wheels. i am gonna have a bitch of a time finding them. ive seen them on newer GTP polished wheels though, so maybe ill have some luck.

If you have seen them on newer GTP's why not just go to the dealer and get new ones for a newer GTP? GM carries all sorts of center caps and lug nut covers, for its cars and trucks long after the production year. Most times they want waaaay too much, but sometimes the prices aren't that bad, so that is first place I would look. Second go to a tire store, a lot of times people that get new wheels don't care to keep their old lug nuts and lug caps, and so the tire store keeps them (usually in a huge bin full of all different types of lugs and caps, so know what your looking for). Some stores may also have a problem with remembering to put peoples caps back on when they're done. So you might be able to pick those up too. The store will probably want some money for them, but it will be pretty reasonable, and be armmed with what the dealer price is just in case they are wanting too much. On the other hand they might just give them to you. Third try a scrap yard, if its an open scrap yard and your dishonest its FREE. If your honest, and show what you have, I'm sure the price won't be that bad. Good Luck finding what your looking for everybody.

I have a TON of Cutlass lug nut covers here. Id be more than willing to give you some. I converted over to nice real short ones a while back.

Let me look for them, and ill get back to you

jon

I've had good luck getting the lug covers and center caps from eBay. Just keep looking; you'll eventually find them there. The set (20) of lug covers I got were something like $9. I have bought 3 different sets of center caps through eBay also. They were all less than $10/set.

I HATE the factory "lug nuts". Cheap metal that rusts after two years. Two stripped on me so like Canadian Badass, I have chrome ones now. Much better and they go on and come off smooth as well.