Convertible Top Problems

WhiteOut

Crap!!! I put the top down for the first time this spring and WHAM!!! My car has yet another issue. I don't know if this is related to the accident I had or not (I was rear ended a while back, pretty severe damage) but my top doesn't want to go up with out some help anymore. I'm pretty sure the pump is still good since it has some lift, but the passenger side doesn't want to rise up without being helped by hand, and let me tell you pushing the up button with your foot while lifting with your arm stretched is one hell of a tricky manuever. Could this simply be a dead hydraulic lift cylinder? I haven't torn into anything yet so to tell the truth I'm not even familiar with how this top opperates exactly, any ideas on what it could be?

I'll tear the back seat out today or tomorrow when I get the chance to see if anything is leaking and post on what I find later. But any ideas would be helpful.

Heated Garage. Plus I was curious to see if it worked okay after the accident. That and I miss having the top down after almost five months of having it up.

Check your pump, see if you have any hydraulic oil leaking around it, and make sure it's filled up all the way.

Edit: you can get to the pump by removing the carpet in the trunk. That's how I found out mine (when I had it) had a small leak at some point in time.

I have the same problem, in my case its the Hydraulic cylinder. Was there a loud pop or anything upon trying to let it back up? The Hydraulic cylinder is right under the small rear window, I dont have pics to help explain, its right beside the support arm and is hard to see with the top down.

The hydraulic cylinder I found online is 149.90, if that's your problem

http://www.store.yahoo.com/convertibleservice/9095cut.html

Thanks for the replies.

There wasn't any weird noises or anything when actuating the top, and there doesn't appear to be any obvious leaks in the system, so I guess I'll have to dig a little further to determine whats wrong with it. Its really odd that just one side has decided to lose lift, I'll bet it has to be that lift cylinder, the problem is going to be getting it out of there.