i am in love

musthavemuzk

friday night i was over at a friends place working on my GP. nice to work in a heated garage when temps are cold.

anyways i had to run to my house for jack stands and jack and then later to the parts store for a knock sensor.

his wife took his tahoe so her 03 GPGT was sitting there. he told me to take it to do what i had to do.

not my car so i did not get on it, but I'm Lovin It. had to steal the slogan

it was verry nice. might have to step up the timeline for me to have a 97-03 GP.

this one was loaded and indigo blue in color.

would have posted this earlier but i had to come down off of my high.

ok done drooling for now

Monty

I know exactly how you feel man!...that sounds like pretty much the same car I test drove here in VA just a week or so ago...and I'm still not over it...and don't think I'm going to get over it...come to think of it, don't really wanna get over it! Just gonna have to get one of these rides before its over with...Intoxicating, wasn't it? did it have a sunroof too? Some of the guys over on the Grandprix.net message board keep telling me to get a GTP with the L67...they say I'll never regret it.

I know exactly how you feel man!...that sounds like pretty much the same car I test drove here in VA just a week or so ago...and I'm still not over it...and don't think I'm going to get over it...come to think of it, don't really wanna get over it! Just gonna have to get one of these rides before its over with...Intoxicating, wasn't it? did it have a sunroof too? Some of the guys over on the Grandprix.net message board keep telling me to get a GTP with the L67...they say I'll never regret it.

Same here, I was able to drive Marks GTP(occasionally posts on here). Fast as hell, lowered, ton of mods done to it. Easily put shame to the 3.4, as soon as I get the money Ill be ion the market for one.

when i went shopping for my cutlass in fall of 01 i really wanted a ride with the L-67 in it. so that meant a GTP, Regal GS, Buick Ultra, Bonny SSeEI, but i knew i did not have the cash nor did i like the idea of a loan. i hate paying interest for anything.

so i went with my next choice. an 88-96 cutlass, regal, GP lumina.

ended up with the cutlass.

love the car and it has plenty of power for my granny driving needs.

i just knew i wanted the L-67. just being realistic.

last week bought a 93 GP LE sedan 3.1 to dirve til it got warmer and i could work on my dead cutlass outside as i have no garage. needs head gaskets.

i am pretty sure the 3800 would be plenty for me. and after driving that 03 GPGT i am pretty sure it would be plenty for me. just something about the blown V-6 that i really keep looking at.

the 3800 is nice as there is so much more aftermarket support for it as compared to the 3.1, 3100, dohc.

still love the looks of the other W's but man i am in love with the 97-03 GP.

mayb i could swap in the L-67 and be happy?

i dunno the creature comforts were nice.

it was almost dark out so the sunrood was not even thought about. but yes it had one.

leather, and all the goodies. she had to have it all when she bought it.

Monty

Same here, I was able to drive Marks GTP(occasionally posts on here). Fast as hell, lowered, ton of mods done to it. Easily put shame to the 3.4, as soon as I get the money Ill be ion the market for one.

oo the modding aint done yet Jason! Think its fast now......just wait :twisted: :shock: Im glad you enjoyed my car though! It costs a helluva lotta money to make it that way though!

oo the modding aint done yet Jason! Think its fast now......just wait :twisted: :shock: Im glad you enjoyed my car though! It costs a helluva lotta money to make it that way though!

better keep it locked at all time, :twisted: or else u might wake up and find the 92 in its place some morning

Dont get me wrong...I miss my Z34 soooo much, it was my baby. But having a supercharged GTP is a total new ballgame. Nice comfortable ride, tons of options, great aftermarket, very reliable, you cant go wrong! Lastly kicking the living shit out of a modded 2002 Mustang GT on the highway helps out too. I love it when people say.. "But its a 4 door" :twisted: :twisted: :shock:

no problem with 4 drs here.

my friend keeps asking me where my family is when he sees me now that i bought a 93 GP LE sedan

2 is cool

but

so is 4

at least to me

Monty

mark91z34, ...sweet lookin GP you got there boss! Is that the F1 spoiler you have on the back there? I don't have a prob with sedans myself, as a matter of fact there was a time not so long ago that I would've had nothing but a 4dr...but now that me and my bride are "empty nesting" (and lovin it!) I find my taste swinging more towards a coupe. But one thing I'll give the GP bigtime, at least the backseat in the coupe can actually be entered by human beings of average size!

mark91z34, ...sweet lookin GP you got there boss! Is that the F1 spoiler you have on the back there

The spoiler that I have on there is the SLP gen 1. The F1 is probably the most godawful spoiler they made for these cars. It not just oversized, its fucken huge. It reminds me of the 87-93 Saleen whale tail found on the Mustangs.

don't have a prob with sedans myself, as a matter of fact there was a time not so long ago that I would've had nothing but a 4dr...but now that me and my bride are "empty nesting" (and lovin it!) I find my taste swinging more towards a coupe. But one thing I'll give the GP bigtime, at least the backseat in the coupe can actually be entered by human beings of average size!

Hell, Im not even married and would take a 4 door over a 2 door anyday of the week. I got sick of the getting out of the car drill to cramp people in the back.

If you are to buy a GTP 98-00 is the best year to buy. 97 GTP's also had alot of 1st year production issues,such as the fuel pump relay, miscellanenous electrical issues, problems with the weather stripping and sealing was another common problem too. 98's were good models too, they took care of alot of the problems that 97's had but, the 98 still had the shitty throttlebody.

The 99-00' models in my opinion were the best models to get. Many others would agree, especially because after 00' for some reason GM stopped adding the performance shift button on there. It seemed like in the 01-03 models GM started to skip out even on small things kinda like the digital dual climate control that ended after 2000, the 2 front door lights lit up until the end of 2000 but after those models GM cheaped out and used a red reflector there instead.

If you are to buy a GTP 98-00 is the best year to buy. 97 GTP's also had alot of 1st year production issues,such as the fuel pump relay, miscellanenous electrical issues, problems with the weather stripping and sealing was another common problem too. 98's were good models too, they took care of alot of the problems that 97's had but, the 98 still had the shitty throttlebody.

The 99-00' models in my opinion were the best models to get. Many others would agree, especially because after 00' for some reason GM stopped adding the performance shift button on there. It seemed like in the 01-03 models GM started to skip out even on small things kinda like the digital dual climate control that ended after 2000, the 2 front door lights lit up until the end of 2000 but after those models GM cheaped out and used a red reflector there instead.

I've heard that '98s are a bad year because they were gonna do something with the wireing but didn't so it was left all weird and that a 97 would be better. Have to see in a year or 2 or 3.

97 was the year of many problems. Most of electrical / wiring problems occured in the 1st run model year 1997.