VIN Decoder and Door Info

amkazen

HI, I just joined this this group and have a few questions. I own a 1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL 4 door with the 3.1. It had 83,615 original miles this past Labor Day weekend when I bought it for $3,200. It was really, really clean with no dents and the trunk looked like it had never been opened. However, it now has 96,000 miles and as of yesterday morning, it has a few dents in it. A Ford Explorer hit me on the driver's side front fender just behind the front wheel, went down the driver's door, rear passenger door and just into the rear quarter panel just in front of the rear wheel before his SUV came to a stop. Needless to say, with a NADA book value of $3,725 plus the mileage adjustment, State Farm totaled the vehicle because it had $4,424.74 worth of damage. SO, State Farm gave me a check today for $3,000 and I kept the vehicle. The good thing is they did not stamp the title salvage, stating they did not have to do that anymore. Anyway, I found 3 sets of doors today for $150: front drivers door, mirror, rear passenger door, and the rear wheel molding. But, I have discovered a change in the body style. So, here is my question. Does anyone know of a good VIN decoder for the W-body? I have a good VIN decoder (for the B-body) but the engine and carline series is strictly for the B-body. I do not have the engine and carline info for the W-body. Also, what is different about the Olds Cutlass doors from 1994 to 1995? The dealers and the junk yards (via Hollander Interchange Manual) say the rear doors for the Cutlass (and I guess all the w-body's) are the same for 1990 - 1997 but only front doors from 1995 - 1997 will work on my 1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Thanks for the help!

Andrew

What I saw on the door is the interior panel is different, tying into the two responses I have received. Also, the seat belt is mounted on the door in the 94's yet in the 95' the seat belt is mounted on the side pillar. What I do not know yet is it as simple as removing the seat belt brackets from the 94 door and using the 95 door panel? I'll find out tomorrow.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...