ghetto cd player idea

GutlessSupreme

I'm desperately needing a cd player in my car. But, I'm way too poor to do so at the moment. The car kit for my player sounds like shit anyway, but it's especially bad in the Olds.

I'm thinkin. I get a headphone plug>stereo plug adapter (like on the back of VCRs..)... I install some stereo plugs in my pop-out ashtray in my dash (not like I use it.. I don't smoke). Get a line in switch to switch between the plugs and the car radio. wire the output right into the speaker wires (I'd lose front/rear fade, no biggy). Plug the cd player into the plugs in my ashtray and flip a switch.

Should work out fine. Will it?

if you're talking about wiring a portable cd player in there like say a discman it won't work...you'll need something to amplify it

Fuck. What could I use? I don't know jack shit about audio stuff.

I'll sell you my CD deck with remote pretty damn cheap, works perfectly...lmk

I'd be intrested but I'm looking for one that plays MP3 discs. That's what my discman is now.. good 180 songs or so per cd. Once you try it there's no going back.

if you have a cassette deck in your can, just get one of those cassette adapters and hook up your discman to it. That's what I did before I got my cd deck. Sure the quality isn't the greatest, but it does let you play cds in your car for about 9 bucks.

i have a Portable CD player sitting arrounnd...that plays MP3s too.

Mainly, caus now I have a mp3 thing for the gym, and a mp3 deck in the car

and...i just bought a tape deck for the car, caus its OUTA HERE!

jon

yeah, because of you assh*le.

No. I am getting rid of the cutlass. The regal has everything I want on the cutlass, and them some. I wont be loosing any options either.

I really hit the point with the 2 4-doors.

I will kinow at the end of this month the final details about the regal. If for some reason they do not sell (very doibtfull), then ill still sell the cutlass and get something.

Not that the cutlass has problems, im just ready for something more.

That, and the cutlass was gong to be a beater. A damn exp. one too...valued arround 3.5-4k. Why not sell it, get that money, and buy a real beater? I mean, i dont hve payments on the cutlass...but id rather make a few $$ towards the regal at the time.

Im going to hold off on the thought of owning two cars till winter, at least. I wanan see what im paying for this regal, and how im doing. Some poss. ideas after it are a small truck, full size chevy truck, or a g body, or an early w.

jon

ytour guys are telling him about the car kits when he already stated he had one and dont like it and u still tell him bout the cd car kits like hes an idiot wow ppl dunno howto read

if you have a cassette deck in your can

Ooooohhhhh, thats gotta hurt. :lol:

Yea, it does :( :lol:

As I've already said, I have a car kit (the cassette thing) and it sounds just plain horrible.

I was looking at those FM transmitters too.. I'm still flat broke though. Like in debt to my mom $70 for the last junkyard run I made and no gas money for the next week. I was just hoping for a cheap 10 buck solution.

pffff. right.

Thanks for the help though guys.

Wal-Mart sells a 10 disc cd/mp3 changer thats RF modulated for 104 bucks. If that aint cheap enuf. dont know what to tell you. If you dont want the CD changer, Best Buy sells a deck made by DUAL that also is a cd/mp3 player. Last I saw it, was 100 bucks. I like the 10 disc changer personally. Nice little control module that lets you fast foward and all that other stuff. Displays the name of the song on the display as well. Kinda cool, and really nicely priced.

Got my portable cd player working right with the car hit. Accidently hit the volume button in while I was fucking with it and it changed the direction the tape was playing, and damn it suddenly got loud :shock: (had to turn the volume all the way to hear it AT ALL the other way).

so, it works now :)