93 grand prix se

pbj59

I have a 93 and need to replace the turn signal switch, when I popped off the cover ( center of steering wheel ) I saw that their was no airbag, but looks like it should have one. I looked up the vin #1G2WJ14TXPF214815 and it says it didnt come with air bag. Anyone else seen this? Does the last number mean it was a late 93? Is it hard to replace just the switch on these?

On this car I also want to clean the egr, anyone know the procedure for this?

Thanks for any help!

Roy :?:

I dont have an airbag and its pretty common not to have on in the early 90s. The 6 digit number at the end of the VIN is just a number from the plant. The switch is fairly easy, but $$$ if you buy a new switch. To clean the EGR, take it off and just chip away at all the carbon buildup in the hole on teh plenum. I actually use a drill bit a little smaller than the hole to get it all out

I'll try cleaning the egr, should be in good shape then after replacing the coils, plugs, wires, cat converter and having the fuel injectors REALLY cleaned. Runs great now, just keeping it good. Probably should have replaced the o2 sensor when the plugs were done, too late now. Another day.

The turn switch works if you hold it at wierd positions (Kind of like my wife! ) but not just when you put it up or down. something is not connecting. Probably will get a new one done at the shop since I've never pulled a steering wheel off.

Is there a ( free ) website that shows parts diagrams, repair procedures etc like you see in chiltons books?

Thanks!