boost gauge question

rudefyet

What should the boost gauge read at idle?

Because i sat in the tgp i'm looking at and had in park...and revved the engine...the boost gauge moves quite a bit but it's reading a negative # when idling...i thought the boost gauge showed PSI...so isn't negative PSI impossible?

Sorry...just a little over my head here...anyone can explain it to me...then smack me around a bit

No, it should be in the negative till it builds boost (for which, you'll need to be moving because in park the rev limiter won't allow you to get up high enough to build boost). Until it boosts, it's in vacuum mode, thus the negative status.

*Proceeds to smack rudy around a bit*

No, it should be in the negative till it builds boost (for which, you'll need to be moving because in park the rev limiter won't allow you to get up high enough to build boost). Until it boosts, it's in vacuum mode, thus the negative status.

Ahh...thanks I needed that! :lol:

Ok clears that up :D

Ahh...thanks I needed that! :lol:

Ok clears that up :D

Like a hard drive, when we are first born/start up, our brains empty, but a smart man is one who wants to fill it with good info :lol:

We all start at the same place till we ask or read it.

Jeff M

so how much vacuum does it have? yes it's important.

joshua

best guess right now is -5 but i'm not at all positive about that...i'll be checking it again today...so if that sounds wrong i'll change it