HUD question

rudefyet

Yes

No

Yes

It comes on when you start the car unless you have the switch flipped off.

ok then

looks like my HUD might not work :bash:

So you've tried the moving the dimmer switch from "off" to make it brighter and didn't see anything? Also, when the switch is on, move the height adjustment switch located on the HUD itself..the display might be turned all the way out of sight(either up or down).

Yes

No

Yes

It comes on when you start the car unless you have the switch flipped off.

ok then

looks like my HUD might not work :bash:

So you've tried the moving the dimmer switch from "off" to make it brighter than and didn't see anything? Also, when the switch is on, move the height adjustment switch located on the HUD itself..the display might be turned all the way out of sight(either up or down).

i tired the dimmer...but i didn't move it...i'll have to check that then....i was wondering how the heck it was showing on the window from the angle it's at

While we're on the topic of HUD's..I need a question answered that I don't believe I've asked before(nor has anyone else as far as I recall)..anyone(Shawn?) know if the glass used in the TGP's HUD is a particular type or anything? I have a working HUD here but it has a cracked glass(I guess from either shipping or someone got a little overzealous with a screwdriver when trying to see how the HUD looked inside. I figured I would get a piece of laminated glass cut for it in the same thickness and shape as the original piece and slap it in there. Also, does the black lining on the glass serve any purpose(to keep glare down possibly? I guess I can improvise for the black outer lining if need be.

While we're on the topic of HUD's..I need a question answered that I don't believe I've asked before(nor has anyone else as far as I recall)..anyone(Shawn?) know if the glass used in the TGP's HUD is a particular type or anything? I have a working HUD here but it has a cracked glass(I guess from either shipping or someone got a little overzealous with a screwdriver when trying to see how the HUD looked inside. I figured I would get a piece of laminated glass cut for it in the same thickness and shape as the original piece and slap it in there. Also, does the black lining on the glass serve any purpose(to keep glare down possibly? I guess I can improvise for the black outer lining if need be.

I believe the glass was special on the HUD vehicles, otherwise it wouldn't reflect the numbers as well. You cna use regular glass, but the numbers aren't as clear. Supposedly, I could be wrong.

I believe the glass was special on the HUD vehicles, otherwise it wouldn't reflect the numbers as well. You cna use regular glass, but the numbers aren't as clear. Supposedly, I could be wrong.

(not being a smartass)I already know that(thanks for reiterating it though) :wink: . I was actually referring to the glass inside the HUD unit(on TGP's) I don't believe the later models have glass in them(my 01 doesn't appear to have glass in it anyways). 8)

I think you can just use plate glass. Newer ones used plastic, so I don't think it's critical. Yeah, the black paint is just used for masking stray light.

Some of the black paint has come off of mine, and the only way I can tell is if I have the HUD set too bright at night that the background actually lights up.