need new rear struts

sniperi311

ive got a 93 olds cuttlass supreme 2 door, one of my strut mounts is broken so im just gonna change my struts too, what kind of struts are pretty good, and where could i get them at

I replaced mine. I made the BIG mistake of putting Gabriel struts on.... :oops: I guess the suspension is too rugged on these cars (even without the FE3) for those crappy friggin gabriel struts, I would not reccommend them to anyone! The rear ones groan over every small lump in the road at low speeds, they blow out within like 6 months. The only good thing about them is the lifetime warranty. I gotta replace the front passenger and rear drivers struts for the third time! :x I'm thinking about putting Monroe struts on, that's if the KYBs are more. Hopefully Autozone will let me return them... I used to have friends that work there that would hook me up... So I don't know.

But the real reason for this post, DON'T BUY GABRIEL JUNK!

went to change out the struts last night. WEll it turns out the housing that the top of the strut sticks into was all busted to shit. The strut had busted completly out of the housing. In short, i had no suspension in the rear :shock: I couldn't believe the whole thing had busted apart! Anyway just wanted to randomly say that :D

Yeah mine are really bad. Do you squeak alot. Everytime I hit a bump the squeak like no other. I am getting new ones here soon before I sell it.

Hey Nice Z ... Love the color, btw what kind of rims are those and size?

I would love some on my Euro/Z :D

btw what kind of rims are those and size? I would love some on my Euro/Z

They are American Eagle 077 18x8 wheels 5x115 bolt pattern with +38mm offset

tires = Nankang 245/40/18

BTW just put in new struts, man does that make a differance. Drives like brand newwith no squeak

Yeah, broken upper strut mounts are pretty common on these cars, I replaced the rears in my CS with new AC Delco struts, they come with the mounts already installed, and I love them. I'm thinking I'm going to put a set under my Z as well, depending on how long I keep it.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to be replacing my rear struts on my cutlass. I was just woundering if there are any problems that typically I could run into. Any advice would be appreciated. I will probably replace the fronts at the same time.I will be going with KYB. Thanks in advance