push button starter

Cornerdealy

i had my papa install it fo me since i hat fuckin wit electrical shit but im sure its just a couple wires u need to connect to the ignition i had him get rid of the key thingy its self n put the button right there so all i had to do was press the buttin and she started right up but i would recomend a kill switch cause if u think about it its easy to steal but if u shop around there are so many push buttons out there some with toggle swithes u have to put to on the press the button n so on n so forth

I've got a friend with an old POS Jetta that has push button start. But thats more of a funtion of his ignition not working that anything else. I'll try to get some details from him about what he used and how he did it.

i agree, just because it seems "honda" to some, at least his car will still fly by the little ricers. and if he wants to make it look a little nicer while doing so, then more power to him. i was looking into it myself.

thats where the safety mechanisms come in, you know like a remote start where if you try to put the car into gear when there is no key in the ignition, it will shut off.

Yeah the push button really serves no purpose, i just like the look. Seeing that the key will have to be in for you to start it up, it is pointless to push a button instead of turniing a key, i just like idea. Plus you need to put the key in to unlock the wheel.

The car would only drive if the key was in the on position. Same with the remote starters. You can start, but you need the key to drive.

Hmmm, if you have to use the key anyway, that IS pointless.

If you used a passive keyless RF transponder thingie like the XLR, that would be cool.

I dunno, I just don't have an appreciation for useless mods no matter how "unique". That's why ricers exist.