What would you do?*UPDATE* I'm pizzed now

Guest Anonymous

Which one should get the boost?  

1. 1. Which one should get the boost?

Guest Anonymous

I have plans of the TGP motor in my 89SE with the 5-speed from the 90 LE I bought for the motor. BUT I just found a 92 Z24 in great shape with the 5-speed already in it. The tranny and clutch are new but the motor is shot. Which would you turbo?

Please explain why you voted how you did.

Depends, how tall are ya' ? I'm 6'2" and have a helluva time squeezing into a J-body..... Lighter IS faster but not if you can't get in it to drive it.

I'm 6'2" and fit in a J-body fine...you trying to drive from the back seat :wink:

IMO this poll is going to be a little biased since it is on a w-body board...maybe try it on 60degreeV6.com too

Well I would vote z24 for two reasons. First, the ground effects on the z24 are already there, and those cars are fun to drive. When they changed the body style they got a lot smaller, and I used to have one with a 3.1 and it hauled ass. For two, then your GP 5spd collection could become mine. :roll: Hahaha.

Seriously though, how nice is the GP? If it's in good condition maybe you should stick with the original plan.

Stick with the GP, if you were not turboing? I'd say the Z24. But cavaliers don't offer alot of space to work under the hood for later. And take the nice relax feel of a W.

Guest Anonymous

I just called back about the car to see about going to look at it. This time I got the husband. IT'S NOT A Z24. It's a Z34.

Anyone want a 5-speed Z-34 to put a motor in?

But on a better note, I'm going right now to look at a '91 Grand Prix. :twisted: The windshield needs replaced. :roll: Like I don't have those sitting here. lol 90,000 miles 2-door, 3.1/auto. $250. I'll be back with pics later.

I know it doesn't matter anymore but I voted Z-24 because I once test-drove a 5-speed 3.1 '93 Z24 and it was reasonably fast. With a TGP engine in it...it would be a screamer.

200 bux(i'm cheap and i dont know anything about it other than its a 5 speed)

but it looks like i will be using all my money to build a big block so i cant buy it even if they accepted that lowball offer.

Guest Anonymous
:evil: I hate people. I called him to see what he wants.He says make offer. I asked what he would like to get so I know where to start. Again...make offer. OK, how about $300? He gets all pizzed and says no way, I've had better offers. I said, I guess that's why I asked what you'd like to get. What do you expect when you say make offer? Keep your f'n car you f'n retard. I hope noone buys it. *click* I hung up on him. What an idiot. :roll:

:evil: I hate people. I called him to see what he wants.He says make offer. I asked what he would like to get so I know where to start. Again...make offer. OK, how about $300? He gets all pizzed and says no way, I've had better offers. I said, I guess that's why I asked what you'd like to get. What do you expect when you say make offer? Keep your f'n car you f'n retard. I hope noone buys it. *click* I hung up on him. What an idiot. :roll:

lmao...what a fucker